New to NCL

huxlemo

AThere is no requirement to book the MDR. You can just turn up when you want.

If it is busy then you may have to wait for a while, but I have never had a wait of more than 5 minutes (we eat fairly early).

If you have a large group then some people suggest prebooking.

Edited by KeithJenner

3 hours ago, huxlemo said:

We are sailing on the Bliss on 5/5 to Alaska. Looking at the dinner dining options in the main dining rooms, do we need to book those times in advance? Or can we go to dinner when we want to?

You do not need to book MDR in advance. Do remember from about 6:30 to7:30 will be the busiest time so you may have a wait, but even then, not too long. That is one of the advantages of sailing NCL and what freestyle means: dress casual if you want and eat when you want.

9 hours ago, huxlemo said:

We are sailing on the Bliss on 5/5 to Alaska. Looking at the dinner dining options in the main dining rooms, do we need to book those times in advance? Or can we go to dinner when we want to?

You do not HAVE to pre-book.  My wife and I prefer to make reservations in advance though, and then change as we go if need be.  That way, on those days where the time works out...we're in good shape.  We like to go around 6:45 - 7:00, and that's peak time...so it's been good to have the reservations then.  But if the Daily Schedule comes out and there's something we want to do that conflicts...we'll change it or cancel what we had.