Horseback Riding in Cozumel

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks for all of your advice - it is wonderful here on the CC boards. Just one question I can't seem to find an answer for: Does anyone have any feedback on recent (since the hurricane) horseback riding in Cozumel? :confused:

My DD and I are booked on a RCCL excursion with the Buena Vista Ranch at the end of Feb. Since the devestation of the Hurricane - is this still a doable excursion or are we in for trouble.

Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks again

Wendy

Wendy,

While I cant tell you the conditions of the ranch after the hurricane, I can tell you the condtions of the ranch before the hurrican.

I was pretty shocked and felt so sorry for the horses.

A lot of the horses were thin and didnt look very healthy.

There was.....horse crap all over the place and the smell wasnt that great.

The poor horses were recycled all day. Meaning when a bus load of people finished their ride, another bus load was waiting to get on the same horses.

As I approached the ranch after the ride my horse spotted the water troff (sp) and took off running for it. One of the guides came over and scolded the horse and told me not to let him do that. Hmmmmm.

This was MY experience. Some people may have different experiences and opinions.

LoveTheDeepBlue

WoW! Thanks for the feedback. When were you there last? I had found other reviews dating back to late 2004 early 2005 that were really positive - that's why we booked that excursion. It sounds like the animals were not being well cared for when you were there. Maybe we should reconsider. I'm not sure if we can at this point however?

Wendy

I did the horse back riding last year 3/05 through Carnival with the Buena Vista Ranch. I found the ranch to be very clean and well kept. The condition of the horses seemed to be fine, not a horse expert, but the seemed to be well fed. After the ride the were taken to a different hitching post and given a drink.

What I was disappointed with was the amount of the ruins. There really wer not that many of them. And many were actually replicas, but that is well posted in the description.

I probably would not do this again. Just my opinion.

Archived