Buses - Aruba & Curacao! Yes you can!

Fishbone

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, RenieRaider said:

Thank you Fishbone! You write just like you are standing in front of me talking.

Great info.

We always use the bus as well in Aruba.

I can't recall, does the bus go down to Baby Beach do you know?

Thanks again.

Thanks so much RenieRaider! I'm going to try posting my first "Live from" for our upcoming cruise to Alaska! We'll see how that works out. 

Unfortunately, I don't remember if the bus goes to Baby Beach, but I would have loved to go there, so there must have been a reason we didn't attempt it. 

Now you have me dreaming about Aruba! Perhaps a quick trip later this year around the holidays is in order! Let me know if you end up getting there via the bus! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There are also regular-size buses in Curacao but they don't run that often, hence the minivans taking up the slack.  You can find the official bus schedules here with Punda being the routes going to the southeast of town and the Otrabanda routes going to the northwest:

https://autobusbedrijf.com/en/route-information

The bus drivers accepted USD last time we were there and we gave the driver $3 for 2 people to cover the fare.

If you don't mind some extra walking, you can actually go to the Tugboat snorkeling site by bus.  The 6a bus route that goes to Mambo Beach continues on to Caracasbai.  If you get off at the roundabout at "The Pier" restaurant, you can then walk down Caracasbaaiweg past Fort Beekenburg to Tugboat Beach.  It's around a mile but has interesting scenery.  The Fort has been open when we've gone and you can explore that as well.

Everyone takes the bus in Aruba and it's a great way to get to Arashi or Boca Catalina for snorkeling.  Can you tell I like to snorkel?  I also love to take public transportation as we travel.

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2023 at 12:49 AM, COREYATMN said:

Can one get to Blue Bay on the public bus?

We just got back from a week in Curacao, but we had a car.  We have taken the bus in Curacao, but we go to a beach near Mambo.  I'm not sure where Blue Bay is but here is a link to the bus routes in Curacao

Edited by topspot
correct spelling

4 hours ago, topspot said:

We just got back from a week in Curacao, but we had a car.  We have taken the bus in Curacao, but we go to a beach near Mambo.  I'm not sure where Blue Bay is but here is a link to the bus routes in Curacao

Thanks, looks like we could get there, but Mambo might be easier.  This helps with both!