barcelona princess???

Burtshell,

I have been to Barcelona in May 2004 with hotel stays in Las Ramblas and in the area of Del Mar Beach. The Las Ramblas booking was directly with the hotel and the beachside hotel was with a winning bid on Priceline. Last year I heard of doing a booking on Hotel Princess with a refundable cancelation when trying to get a winning bid on Priceline. I was so impressed with the reviews from this Hotel that I have already made my bookings for this coming May. On the plus side my wife can go right next door and shop at the three level shopping center. I plan on heading to the beach (5 minutes away) for a tan. On the down side Diagonal Mar is probably a 30 Euro taxi ride from the Airport however you can cut down on the cost by using the "Aero Porto" bus to the plaza and taking Bus 41 to the shopping center. I can't wait for our trip. Tim and Cathy

Norwegian Sky Alaska 05/03

Norwegain Star Hawaii 11/03

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Meditterean 05/04

Holland American Oosterdam Mexican Riviera 12/05

Norwegian Jewel of the Seas Meditterean 05/06 can't wait

thanks for your prompt reply.

2 years ago we stayed one night in an hotel on las ramblas.it was quite noisy at night.

last year we stayed post-cruise at the front maritim hotel across from the beach for 3 nights. it was quiet at night so we were able to get a good nights sleep. the hotel was modern and i think a four star hotel. we paid around $100.00 US with a great buffet breakfast. the downside was as follows: we could not find many restaurants in the area. other then the beach(too cold) there was nothing in the area.

we took cabs to visit the places of interest and that worked out. did not use their metro system.

the princess looks great and we got some quotes for oct. with breakfast for around $125.. per night.

did not make any reservation yet. our cruise is on the ncl. jewel oct 21,2006.

take care

burtshell

Burtshell,

We will be doing the first sailing on the Jewel out of Barcelona on May 14. It sounds like to me you did pretty good on your hotels back in 2004. Just so you know I was able to get Princess on our post cruise date for less than $100 a night. My wife felt more confortable outside of the Las Ramblas area. She just didn't like being closed in. The other Hotel we stayed at was by the Beach "Hesperia Del Mar". Not really a four star by American standards but was very clean and real close to the beach area. We would walk down to the Marina area where there were lots of resturants and really enjoyed the beach cafes. I have heard there are plenty of resturants at the Diagonal Mar Shopping center. Lets see if we get anymore information. Tim

Archived