Cruisemate

hobbycruiser

Hi Fred,

Yes, the dining room is open seating. It's likely that the maitre'd will put you at a table with others or if you make some friends aboard, you can dine with them. Every night can be different and you can make it what you want it to be.

When you ask will there be other singles I'm not sure if you mean unmarried people or people traveling alone. I don't think too many people travel Oceania alone - probably because their cruises are expensive - but there are friends who cruise together. However, Oceania will not offer you any singles' parties or other organized activity for single people to meet one another.

Have a great cruise!

Jane

Fred:

I'm not sure how "great" we are, but my husband & I will be on this cruise. It will be our second Trans Atlantic and our fourth Oceania cruise. We have met many men and women on board in your situation, and, due to the random seating in the dining room, you will meet a variety of people.

See you on board.

Marilyn

Fred,

Generally speaking I've found people on Oceania to be extremely friendly and warm people. If you're the friendly type, I"m sure you'll be busy with lots of new shipboard friends who won't let you dine alone even if you want to!:)

Have a wonderful time!

Jane

Hi Jane, Thanks. I grew up in NYC. - The Bronx- When I visit my son,perhaps we can have a drink.

Fred

Sure, give a hollar when you're coming. I want to hear all about the cruise.

Marilyn,

A friend of mine is currently a running coach at DeWitt Clinton HS.

Small world!

Jane

Fred,

Please let another solo cruiser know how this cruise works out for you. I've been looking at their 2-for-1 and free air deals and I'd LOVE to take advantage of it. Trying to convince a few friends to join me, but you know how that usually goes ;) !

Have a wonderful time!

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

The best deal I could find with Oceania is their repositioning cruises. They are much less expensive to begin with and the single supplement was just 25%. So I just could not resist!

So far I think my best cruises were on Celebrity - Infinity and Constellation.If by chance I don't get back to you after April 17 send me a reminder. FMarvM@cox.net

Hello Fred,

And Hello to Marilyn as well.

Fred, like you, this will be our (my wife & I) first Oceania Cruise.

We are also planning on spending a couple of days in Bridgetown prior to the cruise, so if you do get some info on hotels, please forward.

Getting excited, less than two months to go.

We are in the midst of a winter blizzard here, so can't wait for the sun etc.

Monty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update-

We have booked an Apartment Hotel in about a mile from Bridgetown for the three nights that we will be in Barbados before the cruise.

Longing for the sun/heat-

Dinner??

Certainly, looking forward.

Hi Fred,

I am not a single cruiser but if I were, I would chose Crystal. We went on an Alaskan cruise last Sept. on the Crystal Harmony and saw more single cruisers than on any cruiseline we have been on. Crystal isn't cheap but if you watch for last minute deals, you can make out very well and they upgrade. We booked an obstructed ocean view and were upgraded to a much better ocean view cabin. Once you sail Crystal, you get future discounts. We loved Crystal and all the free classes and activities, plus free non alcoholic drinks. Soft drinks were stocked and restocked in your cabin fridg. along with daily fresh fruit and bottled water.

Now we are trying Oceania on the Nautica, Rome to Istanbul, but will definitely go back to Crystal in the near future. Good food is a primary to us and Crystal had outstanding food. I hear Oceania is also very good. The bigger lines are too much into mass production and RC & Celebrity have definitely gone downhill since we first began cruising on them.

Hi, Any recommendations for a hotel in Barbados and in Paris. It seems like you are world travelers.

Thanks,

Fred

Paris....as in Paris, France?

If so, go to the European section and look for Paris Hotel threads. There a few of them. I've listed many hotels, including some websites.

Once you've had a look, feel free to post any questions in that forum and I'll be happy to answer (as will others). I know Paris well.

Jane

Archived