Dining Package onboard

I did a search and could not find an answer to this question...if I book a specialty restaurant online prior to the cruise, I would obviously have to pay for it then. However, once onboard, if I decide to get a dining package, do they apply the amount you already paid for the one specialty restaurant to the package? I want to make reservations for Chops now, because we plan to go with my parents, who have already booked it. However, my husband and I aren't sure yet if we want to do a package. Not to mention we would not be able to book our preferred date and time at Chops ahead of time if we pre-purchased the package anyway. It's on Navigator's 9-night if that makes a difference. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, DrDani226 said:

I didn't even think of that. OK, good to know, thanks. So, if that is the case, my guess is there is no guarantee that they would apply the purchased dinner towards a package if it was available.

With regard to applying the purchased price, I don't know if something  that easy and logical would be allowed.  However, they may let you cancel the full price purchase for OBC.