Grand Cayman Excursion which one to pick

Big Spanker

My wife and two teen daughters 16,17 are considering booking an excursion in Grand Cayman. We sail the liberty 3/26/2006. We are considering the Buccaneer Stingray city Sanbar cruise, or the Native way Cruise that includes Turtle farm, Hell, Totuga rum factory, 7 mile beach and govenors house. Can anyone compare the two. All previous posts seem to indicate both tours are great. I love to snorkel wife and one daughter probobly not They would swim and play with the rays. Are the other things worth seeing? So Iwas wondering what some of your thoughts were.

Thanks

Deanhamy:)

I would not recommend the City Tour. Hubby, son and I did that when Captain Bryan had to cancel due to weather. Boring. Lots of parking lot stops; rum factory was basically a gift shop; Turtle farm many concrete tanks at a roadside-sad. I would have rather stayed on ship. Go with Captain Bryan and have a great time.

We did Captain Marvin for Stingrays/Turtle Farm and Hell. LOVED the Stingrays AND there are several opportunities to snorkel along the way too! Now we thought the Turtle Farm was pretty cool....where else can you actually pick up a real live turtle? In my estimation Hell was a total waste. It was a busy day and there was no time for shopping other than the stop at the Rum Factory and the gift shop at the Turtle Farm.

I would not recommend the City Tour. Hubby, son and I did that when Captain Bryan had to cancel due to weather. Boring. Lots of parking lot stops; rum factory was basically a gift shop; Turtle farm many concrete tanks at a roadside-sad. I would have rather stayed on ship. Go with Captain Bryan and have a great time.

Doh, my woman booked this for our honeymoon.

The Boatswain turtle farm is awesome - maybe you were there before they moved to the east side of the street into their new facility? My teenage girls would have loved the turtle farm and the stingrays the most!!

Hell, well, now that we have been there, don't need to back - but if I had never been there, I would still want to go in spite of what people say.

The combination tour of Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingrays I think is the best bang! Though I would not book with the ship again, the Stingray part of the Carnival tour was a disaster - Not Carnival's fault - it was the brain dead 18 year olds running the boat...

We were just there in December and loved GC!

Archived