Westerdam Cabin #8133

Shelley G

Dear Cruise Critic Friends!

My husband and I booked a VA guarantee cabin for the Feb. 5 sailing. I have just found out that we have been assigned to Cabin #8133. I am pleased that it is one of the aft cabins with what appears to be a larger balcony. Am I right? What else can you tell me about this cabin? I see that it is below the Lido deck. Will there be much noise from the aft pool area at night? I am looking for any info you can give me. This is my first HAL cruise, but not my first cruise. Who has stayed in this cabin?

Thank you for your help.

Shelley

I was in an aft suite, 5187, on the Zuiderdam, sister ship to the Westerdam. There is no noise from the pools at night, they are generally closed during evening hours. We loved this part of the ship, the balconies are a bit larger. The only draw back is its a long walk from your cabin to the Crowe's Nest, which we always enjoyed for before dinner drinks. BUT, there is a positive to this, we didn't gain much weight. I think you will be happy with this area of the ship. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was not in that cabin, but when we were aft on the lido (deck nine) we could see straight down to that cabin. there was just a small bit of the verandah that was private.

The verandahs were HUGE though, also, most of the time, the aft pool was a bit more quiet than the midship pool. at night, it is dead there.

The aft verandahs are indeed huge in comparison to the others on the ship. Of the aft verandahs, deck 8 has the smallest but is still larger than the non-aft balconies. It is also the only aft verandah that is totally private and the only deck that has shade. So for having a bit smaller balcony, you gain shade, and privacy. Another bonus is you have the shortest walk to the Lido Pool and buffet!

Archived