Fantasy WiFi Access (Apps etc.)

Jnh1986

Hi Everyone,

I am going on my first cruise next week on the Carnival Fantasy ship. I am confused by their WiFi packages. I am considering purchasing the premium plan which allows for the fastest internet spends on the ship, but still restricts use of steaming services such as Spotify & Netflix. 

My question specifically concerns me being able to use apps such as GroupMe and Life 360 on the ship. Does anyone know if certain apps are restricted? Also- what exactly does the premium plan allow you to access? I don’t want to spend money on a feature that is not beneficial to what I need! Thank you!! 

Edited by Jnh1986

The premium allows you to access the internet. The only thing they blocked was NFL gambling sites, so I used a VPN to get around it. The Fantasy has probably not been upgraded to the faster internet. On the conquest, I never got over 1 Mb, which is not fast enough to download anything. I don't know what spotify is but forget Netflix unless you are on one of the new CCL ships. Definitely download the Hub App from the App Store before you board.