Elite Discount on WiFi Packages

bengaltiger1

In your experience when purchasing the WIFI package for two devices do you receive the 30% discount on the total cost? The reason I ask, is I have tried to get Celebrity to apply the discount to the two devices package and they have come back saying that they will only apply it to the one device package, that we will have to purchase that times two, as we are already receiving a discount due to the two device package not being double the cost of the single device.  That means we end up with a saving of £10. Instead of nearly £45. 

Interested in other people’s experience with this. I apologise if I have gone around the houses with my question! 

You might have misunderstood the response you got. I too tried to get the 2 Surf package on Internet with the Elite discount. At the time the single full Internet and Surf packages were on sale 25% off, less than the Elite discount. I was told I could get 2 single Surf packages but it would cost me more than getting the double 2 device package. Agent told me book it on the ship, our Elite discount would work for that. Actually, I think you don't even need to go to the iLounge to do that? Just connect to the Wifi and then buy a package, the price should appear with the 30% discount as I recall? Apparently Captain Club can not 'sell' all possible purchases, only some?

33 minutes ago, IrvSp said:

You might have misunderstood the response you got. I too tried to get the 2 Surf package on Internet with the Elite discount. At the time the single full Internet and Surf packages were on sale 25% off, less than the Elite discount. I was told I could get 2 single Surf packages but it would cost me more than getting the double 2 device package. Agent told me book it on the ship, our Elite discount would work for that. Actually, I think you don't even need to go to the iLounge to do that? Just connect to the Wifi and then buy a package, the price should appear with the 30% discount as I recall? Apparently Captain Club can not 'sell' all possible purchases, only some?

This is exactly what I was told:

£99.79 per device

If you have 2 devices it works £149.69 so it is a saving if you’re having more than one device.  If you have the elite discount then the cost is: £69.85 per device

My response:

If I was to order online I would pay £149.69 without any discount for the two device package.  Then with the elite discount applied, £104.78. 

Celebrity want me to pay £139.70 for two devices with the Elite discount as opposed to £149.69 without. So not much of a saving

It has been confirmed by a manager that they cannot offer me the two device package with a discount. I have spoken to two agents and a manager.

Thank you for your suggestion of booking on the ship.  Celebrity have offered me some OBC that makes up the difference now.