Bonded luggage?

I assume you mean transferred to and from the ship and your cabin. Yes, NCL does offer the service at both ends. When at final disembarkation, you’ll also have the option of early walk off with your own luggage.

1 minute ago, GrabMyWrist said:

I assume you mean transferred to and from the ship and your cabin. Yes, NCL does offer the service at both ends. When at final disembarkation, you’ll also have the option of early walk off with your own luggage.

Yes. Bonded as in we pass it over at ticket check-in in the uk, then the next time we see it is outside out cabin door on the ship. 😃 

• Like 1

Thought so. 😂

Procedures vary by port but but here in the U.S., at most ports, we turn it in just prior to going through security. NCL will provide you with luggage tags, listing your cabin numbers and other info. Tag your bags and give them to the porters or other appropriate baggage personnel. They’ll arrive in your cabin later in the day.

Edited by GrabMyWrist
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrabMyWrist said:

Thought so. 😂

Procedures vary by port but but here in the U.S., at most ports, we turn it in just prior to going through security. NCL will provide you with luggage tags, listing your cabin numbers and other info. Tag your bags and give them to the porters or other appropriate baggage personnel. They’ll arrive in your cabin later in the day.

We are used to flying out to USA to get on a Disney cruise. They do everything but Europe seems a different entity. Praying they are organized just like when we travel to USA xx

2 minutes ago, Andrea n steven said:

We are used to flying out to USA to get on a Disney cruise. They do everything but Europe seems a different entity. Praying they are organized just like when we travel to USA xx

Understood. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable cruise.

@Andrea n steven Can I get this straight, the Getaway leaves Copenhagen on 18th August, you are flying from Manchester and want your bags to arrive in your cabin after dropping them in Manchester airport and not having to collect then in copenhagen airport?

I think @GrabMyWrist is talking about dropping the bags at security at the port, not the airport at departure country?

37 minutes ago, GrabMyWrist said:

Thought so. 😂

I understand bonded luggage as dropping the bags at the airport and next seeing them in your cabin, I could be wrong but I was not aware NCL would collect your bags at the airport and deliver them to your cabin.

I could be very wrong but I think you guys are on crossed purposes?

3 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

@Andrea n steven Can I get this straight, the Getaway leaves Copenhagen on 18th August, you are flying from Manchester and want your bags to arrive in your cabin after dropping them in Manchester airport and not having to collect then in copenhagen airport?

I think @GrabMyWrist is talking about dropping the bags at security at the port, not the airport at departure country?

I understand bonded luggage as dropping the bags at the airport and next seeing them in your cabin, I could be wrong but I was not aware NCL would collect your bags at the airport and deliver them to your cabin.

Good catch. I was indeed talking about the port, not airport. Was wondering why I couldn’t find Manchester as a port. 😂

5 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Yes. We dont collect at Copenhagen. The cruise line usually does that

4 minutes ago, Andrea n steven said:

Yes. We dont collect at Copenhagen. The cruise line usually does that

I thought that was what you meant, I am not aware NCL will provide this service, that said I have never taken air travel directly through NCL and always bought it separately, it would be news to me if NCL provided bonded luggage.

Edited by ziggyuk