Registration time for excursions and specialty restaurants

planterx2

I have previously taken care of these tasks at 3:00 a.m. as I live on the east coast. I thought I saw something on Cruise Critic about the times changing but cannot find it. Can someone please confirm what the current time is to sign up for excursions/specialty restaurants for the east coast. Thanks so much for your help. 

I called Viking yesterday with this exact question.  They told me they had so much negative feedback on the 12:01 am time that they changed it to 12:01 pm but that is Pacific so EST will be 3:01 pm.  I also got an email this morning letting me know that it opens for me today at 3:01 pm.  

This information will be easily found on your "My Viking Journey."   When you are looking at excursions or restaurant information specific to your cruise, you will be given the date and time for your cabin category and geographical  location when reservations will open.  

When excursion registration opened this way for the July 5th Orion cruise, Viking's site crashed.  Try to be fast with your bookings and switch to a mobile browser if you're having trouble accessing the site - we were able to get through that way.  When I paid for excursions, the site told me payment didn't go through but when I signed back on later I had those excursions and they were marked paid.  

• 2 weeks later...

The times have indeed changed.   I just purchased my excursions today, June 13, at 2:01 pm, Central time. So much nicer than in the middle of the night.   I had all my excursions reserved in my wish list and then clicked on them there and added them to my cart.  I then paid for them.  I then went back and added the included excursions.  I was finished in 4 minutes.   Sweet.