Document problems? Solution or others with same?

wgeddings

Tommy

I just happened to notice which ship you have choosen as your first RCCL experience! The Enchantment of the Seas is an absolutely beautiful ship! The "stretch" had not been added when I cruised on her, so I can only imagine how much better it is now. I have not seen a more beautiful centrum on any of the ships that I have been on. To be fair, I haven't sailed with HAL, Disney or NCL. The service that I received in 2004 was flawless. The entertainment great, and even though we sailed in the late spring early summer month of June the ship was not overcrowded. A fabulous choice for a first cruise with RCCL in my opinion.

Darlene

Yes, it is probably possible to board without the actual docs, especially with the set-sail pass but the point is that you are going to have to address the issue at some point. Is it better to address it now or at the pier? Personally, I prefer to do it now, while I am still in the anticipation mode, rather than wait until I am in that huge boarding crowd and at the pier with harrowed employees. If you know it is going to be an issue (I will not say problem so that others do not read too much into the word), why put it off? Deal with it, get it straight so that you can have a good cruise without knowing you will have to start the embarkation with having to resolve an issue, no matter how hard or easy.

For anyone planning to use tags at the pier, there is a great tip I got from the boards that has been very useful to me for that. Before you go, print some mailing labels with your name, address, phone number and cabin number (if known). When you get to the pier and get the blank labels, you can then just peel and stick the labels so that you do not have to fill them out by hand standing on the curb. Either option is fine, but as I said above, if you know of an issue and can be prepared for it, why not be prepared?

From this thread, it appears to me that it is not uncommon for docs to not arrive or to arrive very close to boarding time. Although it has not happened for me on other lines, there are those who have probably had no trouble with RCCL. According to my TA, she has had no problems with other lines but has had a problem with late docs from RCCL. So it appears the answer to the thread is that RCCL is not very good with getting docs out. Whether that is important to you or not is up to you and you have any your opinion about it. Hopefully, as many have said, the rest of RCCL's service and actions will outweigh the docs issue.

It's not a "probably possible", it's a fact that you do not need them. There is nothing you will have to adress later with out the docs either. You just give them your CC, and you are on the way.

You do not need the doc's they mail you to get onboard, just the setsail pass. That's all, and it's not an "issue" to use just that. That was my point. I never even used the doc's last time, and I was onboard within 10 minutes, when they opened the ropes.

Just keep this in mind next time, ans save yourself the aggravation/stress.

Well, just got the documents and awfully glad I did. They had changed our dining seating. When I made the reservation and when I checked online while doing the Pass, we had the correct seating. Some time between then and now, we got moved to a seating time we did not want. Glad to know ahead of time so I can try to get it straightened out and not have to stand in a line of other people trying to change dining times and a head waiter who likely has little options. So yet another reason why getting the documents is a good thing.

If I like to get the documents, how does that harm or cause a problem for anyone else? I do not get bent out of shape that some people have no use for the documents. If you do not care about documents, I am happy for you but having the documents IS important to me, from past problems and for the exact thing I just discovered. I prefer not to have to deal with those things while on the trip and would rather iron them out ahead of time.

Well, just got the documents and awfully glad I did. They had changed our dining seating. When I made the reservation and when I checked online while doing the Pass, we had the correct seating. Some time between then and now, we got moved to a seating time we did not want. Glad to know ahead of time so I can try to get it straightened out and not have to stand in a line of other people trying to change dining times and a head waiter who likely has little options. So yet another reason why getting the documents is a good thing.

If I like to get the documents, how does that harm or cause a problem for anyone else? I do not get bent out of shape that some people have no use for the documents. If you do not care about documents, I am happy for you but having the documents IS important to me, from past problems and for the exact thing I just discovered. I prefer not to have to deal with those things while on the trip and would rather iron them out ahead of time.

I don't think anyone is bent out of shape about your situation, I certainly am not. I was just trying to give you some good advice on how not to make mountains out of molehills. Take it or leave it, your choice.

Enjoy your cruise.

I just received my documents for a February 4 sailing and I was very anxious about not having them. I've always received documents about three weeks before a cruise with Royal Caribbean, Holland and Celebrity.

I understand that a set sail pass would be all we need, but if documents aren't needed, why do they send them at all? I received e-documents this time and don't know if that was the holdup. At any rate, I'm relieved they're here.

I'm getting so excited!!!

I just received my documents for a February 4 sailing and I was very anxious about not having them. I've always received documents about three weeks before a cruise with Royal Caribbean' date=' Holland and Celebrity.

[b']I understand that a set sail pass would be all we need, [/b]but if documents aren't needed, why do they send them at all? I received e-documents this time and don't know if that was the holdup. At any rate, I'm relieved they're here.

I'm getting so excited!!!

Because not everyone has a computer, or has access to one.:) The setsail pass replaces the doc's, except for the luggage tags, which you can get curbside, at the pier.

I just received my documents for a February 4 sailing and I was very anxious about not having them. I've always received documents about three weeks before a cruise with Royal Caribbean' date=' Holland and Celebrity.

I understand that a set sail pass would be all we need, but if documents aren't needed, why do they send them at all? [/quote']

I actually asked Royal Caribbean this question AFTER receiving my documents. I looked over the documents and found nothing new. I thought I was missing something (there were no luggage tags) so I called Royal Caribbean. I was told that I had an e-ticket, so that is why I did not get any luggage tags (took care of that dock side) and that the reason they sent me something was because, people expect to get something. I would have been better off without the documents (it was just one more think to carry around and offered me no value).

All right, all ready.............you got your stinking documents................now go away!

For those of you who haven't figured it out, the "book" serves 3 purposes:

1) It catches your drool while you are dreaming about your upcoming cruise.

2) It makes your friends left behind in the cold and snow jealous.

3) It's a great way (shore excursion, pre and post-cruise pkgs) for RCCL to separate you from you Wallet.

Can you spell computer? The book was needed 5 years ago, but today everthing's in the computer, the book's not required, and all the information in the book is available on the RCCL website.

Archived