AOS Need Information

Fang

My family and I ( wife and two daughters) just booked the AOS, for July 30th sailing.

Its been a very long time since my wife and I have been on RCI. We sailed the Sun Viking and Song of Norway. We moved to Celebrity in 1995 and have stayed with them since. Due to some changes in the Celebrity itinery we have choosed this cruise.

Since it has been 12 years since I have cruised RCCL, if anyone could answer these questions it would be great.

1. On a 7 night cruise, how many formal, informal and casual nights are there?

2. How are the kids programs? I am sure they are great, but any detail would be fantastic.

3. Are there nights when the kids can eat with the other kids and counslers at the kids program?

4. Since we have five cruises on RCI and 14 on Celebrity we are Diamond members of the crown and anchor program. What can we expect on board, due to our membership status. Also, while we are not in a suite, it appears that we are able to use the concierge lounge. What this place like?

I know these seem basic questons, but I feel like a new cruiser on RCI. Thanks in advance for your answers.

John

Let me try to go ahead and answer all I can...

1. There are 2 formal nights on 7 night cruises...

2. The Adventure Ocean program is indeed very nice. During the first night of your cruise your kids will have a chance to try it out for a couple of hours... They have an opening and closing time, and your kids may remain there as long as it is open, and you can pick them up at your convenience. On port days they usually open 30 minutes prior to the earliest excursion departing time.

3. I'm not sure if kids do get to eat with the other kids and the counselor; but I do know that they can remail on the program until 1:00 AM; but you have to pay an hourly fee after 10:00 PM. My kids loved the program so much, that I did pay for the extra 3 hours one of the nights...

4. You can do a search for diamond on the RCI board to see what comes up... I'm not up there yet...

:)

Archived