Please let me know if I'm in right area re: Caribbean?

going2alaska

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this. I'm sure someone will point me in the right direction if it is not.

My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding ann. Feb. '07. They would like to do a Southern Caribbean Cruise. They have never cruised before. I have never cruised in the Caribbean.

These are my questions:

1. Is Feb. a good time to cruise in the Southern Carribean? Or is another part better in Feb. (actully we want to go the last few days of Jan. and first few days of Feb.)? They do not have to do a Southern Caribbean, it is just that someone once told them that that is the best one to take in the Caribbean so now they think that is the only one to take!

2. What cruise line is best? They would not be interested in a young 'party' type ship. There will be other family members 40years & up traveling too. Would like to keep it in the mid price range.

3. What port of calls do you think would be great for shopping, site seeing (activities they would probably engage in).

Thanks for any help or other advise...........just starting to plan out this trip, so I am sure I'll be back many times :). Thanks again, jeanine

Archived