McCarthy's Party tours in Saint John's NL

BAYA

A year ago, I got some excellent advice here on CC (thread linked below) asking about St. John's, in particular the advice to take a look at Trip Advisor (see the link in that CC thread).  After doing that research, we booked with McCarthy's and were really looking forward to it.   But as our ship approached St. John's, we were diverted to help search for a passenger who had gone overboard from another ship, hours away.  We searched all day, he was not found.  It was a terribly sad day at sea.   We missed St. John's, and McCarthy's emailed all of us the very next day to say they were processing refunds immediately (per their policy of giving full refunds if the ship doesn't dock).  So I can't speak as to their tour, but they were excellent to deal with.

On 6/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, BAYA said:

Since it appears the Hop on Hop Off bus won't be operating on Sept. 2nd (a Monday) I'm looking for minivan tours out of St. John's, Newfoundland, and found McCarthy's. https://www.mccarthysparty.com/day-tours/ Has anyone used them and want to share your experience with them?

We will be touring with McCarthy's party on Sunday Sept 1 so can't comment on  having done the tour at this time. We booked them because of the excellent reviews I read and knowing they refund if your ship didn't make it. I am quite looking forward to our tour. Good luck with your search .