Helsinki - Regal Princess July 18th - Shuttle to City Center?

We were there 2 years ago.  Princess did provide a shuttle but it was (for me) expensive.  My wife and I walked out of the port area to a tram station next door.  For less than $10 we purchased round trip ticket on #7 tram that took us to the downtown area and back.   It was a great day of shopping, eating, and seeing some of the sights in the downtown area. 

The new dock is a long way from the tram stop so the shuttle is more convenient.

If you charge it to your ship account, it will be $19.95US but I did see people purchasing tickets with cash for 15 euro.

Princess didn't tell us about the cash option.

We took the buss into town and walked back. About 3kM

I was on the Regal Princess Baltic cruise less than two weeks ago. It docked in Henesaari port or something like that so about 12-15 min drive from the city center. There were HOHO buses available once you exited the ship (everyone was trying to get on them so be prepared for a wait) OR the cruise did end up offering their own four-stop-hop on-and off- shuttle bus - I forgot the price but yes, I guess it was probably around $20USD pp but I think the last bus back was a bit early (4:30p) and I wanted a bit more flexibility with that I was planning to see so we ended up taking a cab that we happened to see at the port ($20 to the Rock Church and then we walked to Market Square from there - a long-ish, nice way to see the city. Download or bring a map first). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 5:24 PM, Mandika said:

I was on the Regal Princess Baltic cruise less than two weeks ago. It docked in Henesaari port or something like that so about 12-15 min drive from the city center. There were HOHO buses available once you exited the ship (everyone was trying to get on them so be prepared for a wait) OR the cruise did end up offering their own four-stop-hop on-and off- shuttle bus - I forgot the price but yes, I guess it was probably around $20USD pp but I think the last bus back was a bit early (4:30p) and I wanted a bit more flexibility with that I was planning to see so we ended up taking a cab that we happened to see at the port ($20 to the Rock Church and then we walked to Market Square from there - a long-ish, nice way to see the city. Download or bring a map first). 

so the cruise offered a HOHO as an excursion once on board?

Yes they offered it. Also a four stop shuttle of their own- they slipped all this info on pieces of paper under our cabin door two days or so before we reached that port. Since the weather could be unpredictable, I generally waited to book things. Unless you have your heart set on a specific excursion that may sell out, then you should reserve early.