Storing belongings while on excursions

sanken

The stingrays is on a boat, I just took a beach bag and put it under the bench. Best thing is to wear your swimsuit and then just put a cover up over, for men, a tshirt, then all you have to deal with is that. I have a beach safe, one of those plastic waterproof things you wear around your neck, to keep my sea pass, DL, cash and a CC in while I was in the water and that way it was with me. I have never had any problems. I bought a nice one on board, that holds a lot, for about 10 dollars and still use it every cruise.

Same thing here...my DH & I did many excursions. Zip-line in Jamaica, scuba diving in Cozumel, Stingrays in GC. I always took a light-weight back pack with sunscreen, map/info. of the area (like a list of stores, etc. that I might want to visit after the excursion) & a cover-up. We had our water alligator that we bought at Dick's Sporting Goods-put all $$$, seapass & our D.L (for ID in case we needed it)in it & kept in around our necks (even in non-water type excursions). Never had any problems.

Best idea is to get one of those waterproof necklaces. Also, last year I noticed that my husbands swim suit had velcroed pockets so, we use a small ziploc for room key & ID and he kept in in his pocket. As far as your other personal items - I wouldn't worry to much. Remember every one else on the excursion is "in the same boat" so the odds of someone taking your stuff are slim. I have found that our fellow cruisers have much better stuff to do with their vacation than to go pilferring around our stuff.

You only need to take the day's cash, seapass, ID (and a cc) off the ship. These are all waterproof already so anything you put them in to keep them on your person will work (cash dries nicely). I use one of those ship's zippered pocket things that hangs from your neck--I slip it into the front of my swimsuit when in the water, on one shoulder under my sweater at dinner, and in the front of my shirt during the day. Anything else you have shouldn't be a draw for anyone else (expensive sunglasses, cheap waterproof watch, etc.)

Takes a day to get it all organized and functioning (keeping seapass in first compartment everything else in back one) and then it works for all the days. I try to take one from a different cruise line so it's more obviously mine.

Archived