Question for people just off Seranade

Hi,

Just wondering if you tell me when the formal nights are and when they have Caribbean night on the southern cruise, also was lobster on the formal nights? I am trying to plan when to book Chops for my DH's birthday which is while we are on the cruise.

Thank you,

Justwaiting

Hi,

Just wondering if you tell me when the formal nights are and when they have Caribbean night on the southern cruise, also was lobster on the formal nights? I am trying to plan when to book Chops for my DH's birthday which is while we are on the cruise.

Thank you,

Justwaiting

The first formal night is traditionally on the second night of the cruise. The second one is at the discretion of the cruise director. On a regular seven day cruise it usually does not change from week to week. Likewise the "theme" nights are also at the discretion of the CD but again usually does not change week to week.

Best bet is to head to Chops as soon as you get on board to make your reservation. They will have the tentative schedule of the menus and themes for the regular dining areas and be able to advise you when might be best to make your reservation at Chops.

Again this is all subject to change at the CD's discretion.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.:)

Do you think they will switch formal night because of Valentine's Day? I thought maybe they might change so that formal night would be tuesday instead of Monday.. Anyone ever here of them doing this?

Karla

Serenade 2-11-06

Hi Karla -

We'll be on the 2/11/06 Serenade as well and I was wondering the same thing you were. I know they switched the formal night to Sunday on the Christmas cruise but I don't know about any other holidays. We want to go to Portofino's one night and by a process of elimination ended up with Tuesday being the best day for us, but I'm guessing everyone on the ship will have the same idea. However, since there are only about twenty people who have posted on the roll call thread, maybe that won't be a problem!!;)

Katie

When you get to your cabin, the Daily Compass will be on your bed. Listed on the back will be a schedule, by day, of all of the formal nights as well as the theme nights. We always read that first, and then book our restaurant reservations based on that schedule. We never over guess and preplan before the cruise because the schedules often change. Read the back of the Compass and plan from that schedule.

Nan

We made a reservation for Chops for the second night of the cruise. I'm not sure, but it may have been Italian night. We liked it so muc that we made a second reservation for the last night. And YES, we did tip the dining room staff the night before.

When you make other dinner arrangements, you really should make sure the waiter, et al, are aware of them.

Judy

Archived