Discovery 2 Dining

Hi all,

Sailing on Discovery 2 in July. Not been on Discovery 2 for a couple of years and remember the food was excellent last time although not enough fish dishes for me. My first pick is always seafood (although I do like every kind of food...sadly for my waistline !) and I was wondering how the food was this year from any of you lucky people who have sailed on her this year so far. Obviously hoping to hear about my favourite seafood being in plentiful supply. 

Oh to have 1st World problems....how fortunate we are.

Jim

Having sailed with TUI many times (45) I can honestly say that prawns (my favourite) are in very short supply. Sometimes had them in a bowl of salad where they have been picked out and very few left or sometimes at the stir fry counter but unlike on OV1/OV2 ive never seen them in a bowl on their own in the buffet

22 hours ago, oscarshep said:

Hi all,

Sailing on Discovery 2 in July. Not been on Discovery 2 for a couple of years and remember the food was excellent last time although not enough fish dishes for me. My first pick is always seafood (although I do like every kind of food...sadly for my waistline !) and I was wondering how the food was this year from any of you lucky people who have sailed on her this year so far. Obviously hoping to hear about my favourite seafood being in plentiful supply. 

Oh to have 1st World problems....how fortunate we are.

Jim

We were on Discovery 2 for the TA crossing in April.

The food was mostly OK but not very inspiring. The buffet items were frequently lukewarm with a limited choice. The MDR was better but the best food was in Gallery 47. I don't eat seafood but I seem to recall swordfish on the menu there. Its a great ship. I enjoyed it and I'm sure you will too.

Just returned from Disco 2, There was fish on menu every day I ate in 47 (3 out of 7 nights) Poached fish of day and grilled cod I recall.  Obviously there’s the surf n turf restauran and fish n chips at the snack shack. There was a few dishes containing seafood at Islands during lunch.  Can’t comment on Islands at dinner time as I didn’t eat there.