Has the search feature changed?

In the past I have always been able to find answers to almost any question that I had by a search. Now when I try to do it, I get answers all over the place. Am I doing something wrong or has it changed that much?

15 minutes ago, bluedevil72 said:

In the past I have always been able to find answers to almost any question that I had by a search. Now when I try to do it, I get answers all over the place. Am I doing something wrong or has it changed that much?

Are you using a desktop or a phone? That answers differ. 

1 hour ago, TxCityKat said:

@bluedevil72

Howdy!

Perhaps this previous thread will help:

how to search fo something at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2672129-how-to-search-fo-something/

Thank you for your response. I’ll check that out on my laptop tomorrow. BTW, I noticed that your first two cruises were on Commodore Cruise Lines.....ours too.  On Enchanted Capri out of NOLA in 2000.  We were hooked. 

21 hours ago, bluedevil72 said:

Thank you for your response. I’ll check that out on my laptop tomorrow. BTW, I noticed that your first two cruises were on Commodore Cruise Lines.....ours too.  On Enchanted Capri out of NOLA in 2000.  We were hooked. 

You are most welcome!

Yes, my first Caribbean cruise on Commodore's former transatlantic liner Caribe I out of Miami hooked me. My second cruise on Enchanted Isle was out of NOLA and reeled me in.

My first ships were built in the 1950's. Those were the days when their décor consisted of acres of gorgeously polished empire hardwoods, marquetry, nickel light sconces, acid-etched glass & mirrors, teak decks (installed long before teak was exploited into endangered status) and gracious curves. When I sailed on them, they already had decades of history that spoke to the willing listener with every creak and rattle. There were no swirling water slides, vertiginous rock climbing walls, shimmering glass verandahs, triple deck showrooms, beaucoup eateries, and the usual squared off, glittering modern-day cruise ship hardware back then. They were full of old world class and charm. Excellent fine dining & impressive service was primary. I imagine 4 or 5 of those smaller-sized ships from their day would fit on one of today's boxy monoliths that are fitted out like modern hotels with store-bought furnishings and fire resistant materials.

As a little bit of local fan girl info from me, my first ship was berthed at Galveston Island (where I was born) for two months starting in September 2008. At that time she was an Imperial Majesty Cruises ship and her name was Regal Empress. She served as a chartered FEMA accommodation ship for aid relief workers after Hurricane Ike flooded 75% of the island. I have numerous friends that desperately needed her and her occupants being there at that terrible time.

Sadly, both my Commodore ships are now gone. Both sailed under various lines & names. Caribe I as renamed Regal Empress went to Alang, India and was broken up & sold for scrap in 2009. (1953 - 2009) Enchanted Isle as renamed New Orleans also went to the Alang breakers but in 2003. (1958 - 2003)

For lots of info about Commodore Cruise Line with pictures/postcards of their ships, check out the following website: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/CommodoreCruiseLine.html#anchor83533 

Please note some of the info has not been updated since early 2000's.

Fun Fact: The Church of Scientology ship Freewinds in the news a while back about their measles quarantine sailed previously as Commodore's Bohème.

If you would like, take a trip back in time on someone's 1977 Commodore's Caribe cruise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=683&v=lsZv496S-lI