Solstice embarkation in Seattle

moonjelly

Hi All,

when would you recommend arriving for embarkation in Seattle to avoid the longest lines?

What is the earliest you would recommend?

Do you have any other tips for embarkation? Luggage dropoff, etc?

Thank you for any recent reports from the pier in Seattle!

Lines are consistently long between 11:30 - 1:30, and it can extend upwards to 2:30 if the airport transfer buses arrive.  If you are in a Concierge level cabin or higher there are dedicated priority lines so those passengers will have shorter lines.   First passengers arrive at check-in usually well before 10:30, and if the morning disembarkation went smoothly check-in can start as early as10-10:15.  The Solstice will begin boarding by 12 noon.

On Fridays, luggage is collected by the longshoremen (porters) outside the terminal along the driveway area.   Just look for the Celebrity Solstice luggage drop-off signs.  (The RCI Ovation of the Sea, with its 4900 passengers will also be at Pier 91 on Fridays making for a very busy and crowded day)!

Please have your Celebrity issued luggage tags (with stateroom listed) attached to your bags (porters can help with tags w/staplers or write up tags where needed).

Best advice I have for you - please completely do your on-line cruise registration so you can 'sail' though check-in quickly and get on that wonderful ship.  (Hint - if you don't have a Xpress Pass with a scan-able bar code you probably didn't do the on-line registration, and it will take the check-in agents a few minutes to fill out all the paperwork). 

Hope this helps!

I just did this cruise.  I think we left Inn at the Market around 10:00, got to the pier around 10:30.  Handed off our luggage, went in and checked in.  We were CC, so no long lines.  The regular checkin lines were already rather long.  As soon as we checked in, we boarded the ship.

I don't know if you're flying or not, but if you are, the Port of Seattle offers free luggage transfer to the airport and your destination airport.  Pay close attention to the info they send out on this.  We had planned to use it, but I didn't really read the handout and when I went down to sign up, the cutoff time for signing up had already passed.  Also, if you're using Uber or Lyft to go from the cruiseport to the airport, that's a hike to where they are.  There was a LONG line for taxis.  We got off right at 8:00 a.m. because we had an 11:15 flight.  Not sure we would have made it to the airport on time if we had to stand in that cab line.