Airport to cruise terminal in Charleston

umpire30

Looking into possibility of cruise next year, but have never sailed out of Charleston.  Not certain if we'd fly into Charleston and perhaps take a hotel prior and then a cab or shuttle, or if a drive from family in NC might make more sense.  Anyone sailed out of there before?  Is parking at the cruise port reasonable and readily available?  How far is it from airport to port?  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

--Jim

3 minutes ago, umpire30 said:

Looking into possibility of cruise next year, but have never sailed out of Charleston.  Not certain if we'd fly into Charleston and perhaps take a hotel prior and then a cab or shuttle, or if a drive from family in NC might make more sense.  Anyone sailed out of there before?  Is parking at the cruise port reasonable and readily available?  How far is it from airport to port?  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

--Jim

The port is approximately 13 miles away from the airport. Here are various links to help you out!

https://www.cruzely.com/getting-to-the-charleston-cruise-port-without-a-car-port-transportation/

https://www.cruisecheap.com/cruises/port-of-charleston-driving-directions.html

It's probably a 15-20 min (or so) drive from the airport to the port. Could also be longer depending on what time (and day) you try to make the trip.  Yes, there is parking at the port, no I don't know the cost. Even though I live here I have not sailed out of here.  Many folks do the hotel option and then grab a cab or something to the port the day of departure. I believe some of the hotels in Mt. Pleasant (just across the bridge from downtown Charleston) have deals with cruise parking included.  (The "east coast departure" section of this website has threads about Charleston area hotels.)   NC is about a 3 hr drive from here, so deepening on where in NC you would be starting from not sure I'd do that. (I work out of our Charlotte terminal so i make the 200 mile(each way) commute to/from work at least once a month. 

On 7/2/2019 at 2:31 PM, jbethel11 said:

Thanks!  Appreciate the links.