photos of radiance

Does anyone have any photos of radiance of the seas. Finally made it to 100 days and cant wait. If you have any photos to share I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone;)

Wickiwicki: Send me your e-mail address (to RobNC2001@hotmail.com) and I will send you the invitation needed to view my photos online (all 591 of them!). We just got off the Radiance two weeks ago. It is a marvelous ship and was the best cruise we have taken to date.

Paul,

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful pictures. We're going on the Radiance in June. The only time I've sailed was 20 years ago on a Carnival ship - looked nothing like this. May I please ask you one question? My husband is a big guy (needs to lose 100 lbs - please don't flag me - I'm a Cardiology nurse and have done everything humanly possible to help him short of putting him on the table for bypass.) He's such a great guy and I'm wondering if the ship is "big people friendly." Have been reluctant to ask this question as, believe it or not, not everyone is understanding about this issue. Thanks so much, again, for sharing.

Myrtle

I tried to edit to answer your other question and I timed out. BF's pictures from the same trip.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/grvdggr71/album?.dir=a4d8&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/grvdggr71/my_photos

For the most part the ship is equipped to handle passengers of all shapes, sizes, ages, and abilities. The main theatre has larger seating areas where the armrest between the seats was never put in, and these are much more numerous than the ones at the local movie theatre. The solarium pool (I didn't go in to the main pools so I'm not quite sure how they are set up) has in pool steps as well traditional pool ladders. The lounge chairs in this area are also wood instead of the plastic/vinyl straps that are on the outside chairs) The other lounges all have a variety of seating ranging from couches to chairs. The main dinning room chairs are metal framed, they seemed to be okay, and I haven't seen anyone break one. Some of the people we have met on the ship weren't small by any means, they may not have been the 100lbs over weight for his /her height, but that doesn't mean they were any lighter in total weight than some others. If you are worried about them the headwaiter may have some alternative chairs you would just need to ask once you are on ship. I know this is one of my father's concerns about crusing and why he is reluctant to go. He is 6'7", overweight, and handicapped from an accident (which led to a pronoucement of the weight problem) to top it off. I wouldn't give it a second though taking him on Radiance. However, I would go for one of the handicapped rooms, as they have a larger shower area. My one aunt, has had a weight problem since childhood, has been on several cruises and hasn't had a problem (though I'm not sure which cruise line she was on) anything she was concerned about the crew was more than willing to change for her. The only space I see as a major problem is the bathroom/shower area in the stateroom; they are on the small side for average size people. If this is a problem, the showers by the fitness center are larger I know of several people who use those instead of the ones in their room for many reasons. Also for when you are roaming the ship or out doing activities the public restrooms are mostly handicap accessible the ones that are marked. They did have a few that weren’t marked but there was always a marked one fairly close to the unmarked restroom. Overall, we have found Royal Caribbean has been very accommodating to any reasonable request. My Mother took her senior girl scout trip on Majesty of the Seas in 2001, they had two girls in wheelchairs. They encountered very few problems and anything they did have a problem with was fixed almost as soon as they asked a crewmember. So if you are in doubt about something just ask. :-)

Good luck and I'm sure the both of you will have a great time!!!

Thank you so much for your answers! My husband was in a motor cycle accident when he was young and it's very difficult for him to exercise due to a fused ankle. He tries and has started walking - is really enjoying it. He's just so limited as to what he can do from an exercise standpoint. While he can do the exercies - he has trouble moving at a rapid rate to get his heart rate up. I looked at the pictures and believe he will be just fine. You guys have been really great about answering my questions. He's such a handsome and good person. I wouldn't want him limited any more as to what he can do. This trip is for our 20th wedding anniversary and we're really excited about it.

Thanks again for your help!

Myrtle

Myrtle - I had quit smoking before we went to Alaska and as a result was up to about 275 at 6' tall. No problem at all. Even took the three glacier helicopter ride fully expecting to pay more because of my weight, but they said I was fine, no extra cost.

There are always some very large folks on cruises. The only possible problem could be the shower if you are not in a suite. They are very small, but I did not have any problems. As some of the comedians say on board, just soap the walls and turn around.

Have fun.

Wickiwicki: Send me your e-mail address (to RobNC2001@hotmail.com) and I will send you the invitation needed to view my photos online (all 591 of them!). We just got off the Radiance two weeks ago. It is a marvelous ship and was the best cruise we have taken to date.

I would love to see some of your photos of the Radiance of the Seas. My husband and I just reserved a spot on the Sept. 23rd cruise.

Thanks.

Moody1204@sbcglobal.net

Archived