GLORY- More ship movement than others??

diznycrzy622

I'm a veteran cruiser with Disney, Royal Caribbean, NCL, as well as 2 cruises on Carnival. I've been reading on this site as well as others of Glory's side to side rolling, even during the calmest of seas. We're booked on 6/24 to Eastern Caribbean and wonder if anyone experienced cruisers have noticed an prominent problem with rocking. Thank You!!

don't bother knockin'

If they are in a hurry, they will run with stabilizers retracted, which would definitely increase the roll if the seas were not calm. At least that was the case on the sister ship Liberty.

We sailed the Glory Jan 2005. Wow, a beautiful ship! :) I found that there was a bit of rocking the first night of sailaway as we sailed down the east coast of FL, but once we got into the Caribbean there was none the rest of the week until the last night. That night we had 8-13 foots swells :eek: and it was REALLY rocky all night long--hard to sleep and I was way down on deck 2 near midship. Notice that both of the bad times were off the east FL coast which is much more 'open' water than down in the Caribbean where the are so many islands to keep the water calm. I wouldn't blame it on the ship. :cool: If you sail the Glory have a great time---WE did!

Kathy in Maine

I'm a veteran cruiser with Disney, Royal Caribbean, NCL, as well as 2 cruises on Carnival. I've been reading on this site as well as others of Glory's side to side rolling, even during the calmest of seas. We're booked on 6/24 to Eastern Caribbean and wonder if anyone experienced cruisers have noticed an prominent problem with rocking. Thank You!!

We sailed the Glory last April and did the western itinerary. The ship is fabulous and it was our best cruise yet! I did take Bonine every night and was fine. The last night, it was very rough but there was a storm coming through. Thank goodness for our balcony door because we kept it open all night, otherwise, I would have been so claustrophobic during the rocking! Otherwise, it was very calm and we still had Progresso on the itinerary. In contrast, we sailed the Triumph in 2003 and thought it was rocking especially coming out of Jamaica but I didn't take the Bonine each night either. Enjoy the Glory, it's fabulous!

We sailed the Glory Jan 2005. Wow, a beautiful ship! :) I found that there was a bit of rocking the first night of sailaway as we sailed down the east coast of FL, but once we got into the Caribbean there was none the rest of the week until the last night. That night we had 8-13 foots swells :eek: and it was REALLY rocky all night long--hard to sleep and I was way down on deck 2 near midship. Notice that both of the bad times were off the east FL coast which is much more 'open' water than down in the Caribbean where the are so many islands to keep the water calm. I wouldn't blame it on the ship. :cool: If you sail the Glory have a great time---WE did!

Kathy in Maine

The East coast of FL is where the Gulf stream comes down. Usually causes some 'rougher' water. ;) Actually it is the Bermuda Triangle :eek: and everyone has heard of that I guess. I love the movement of the ship. Rocks me to sleep. We have sailed it many times with no trouble.Am looking forward to the Glory, just 98 more days!

Luv's Crusin'

We sailed the Glory in May of 04. Had a great cruise and did not notice any abnormal motion. Some people just like to complain. It's a great ship and you will have a great cruise. I am booked on her for May of this year. Can't wait.

Archived