Post Alaska Land Tour

sabrefan

My wife and I just booked the 10 day Alaska cruise from Vancouver to Seward for June 2021. We also signed up for the  the Viking 5 night post cruise tour which is one night in Talkeetna, two nights in Denali and two nights in Anchorage. Just wondering if anyone has done this post cruise tour yet and what you thought of it. I am considering spending 4 nights in Homer, Alaska on our own instead of this post cruise tour.

We did the 6 day version before our cruise, and the land tour was incredible for the included experiences.  In Talkeetna  we met with a bush pilot and someone who had climbed  Denali. In Denali we had a lecture from a professor who discussed the interdependence of flora, prey, and predators, followed by a bus trip and nature walk into Denali.  We also met with a man who won the Iditarod 4 times who discussed that experience as well as the specialized dogs used for races.  In Fairbanks we attended a presentation by native American young adults who sang, danced, and talked about their culture.  There were additional experiences as described online, but these impressed us the most.  And the bus driver and tour director were interesting, kept everything moving smoothly, and greatly added to the experience.

We have been to Talkeetna  and Denali on our own on a previous  trip and still greatly enjoyed this excursion.

• Like 1