Your favourtie foyer/atrium ~ photos please

A&G

Which ship do you think has the most impressive foyer/atrium?

Here is a photo of Star Virgo back in 2000 before some of these mega liners were built and I believe she has one of the most impressive atriums on any ship we have sailed.

Virgo1.jpg.a9ab46f51446172e5b4bfaddce9bb728.jpg

• 9 months later...

Dh just presented me with a new Olympus EVOLT E-500 Digital SLR 8MP as an early Christmas present so I have time to practice before this Christmas on the Galaxy :D :D

Older pictures with the old camera for now...

I just liked all the circles ...this is from the Galaxy (more Grand Foyer http://www.our-cruises.com/galaxyg.htm)

grandfoyerq.jpg

Bottom of the organ decorated for Christmas on the Zaandam (more http://www.our-cruises.com/zaandamc.htm#interior

organ1.jpg

Wow, those are great photos, especially the Princess ones.

I have a couple I would like to share. However, they are horizontal atriums (not vertical ones) from the Navigator of the Seas ...

NavigatorI.jpg

and ...

NavigatorII.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily my favorite - for me a virtual tie between the last 7 ships I've been on - but the most recent one I've been on: Radiance of the Seas:

69795152.jpg

The big, soaring 10-12 story atriums are initially impressive...but I do tend to pass right by them by my third night onboard without even noticing anymore. I no longer require the big atriums on a ship to like them - it's become so common that it doesn't stand out anymore.

The Radiance's was nice - 9-10 stories or so - as was the Coral, the Zuiderdam, the Sovereign, the Majesty, etc. All very nice, but not that different from eachother.

RCCL's Voyager-class stood out, finally doing something different - but now with 6 or 7 ships having them, even those are no longer that unique! I'd have to say that the atrium of the Virgo shown above is very unique and interesting looking - different from the norm.

I leave the soaring grandeur to the dining room and theater, where I still think bigger and higher and grander is the way to go! For me, a main dining room can never be too big, grand, and elegant!

• 10 months later...

Archived