Upgrade Advantage bid question (BLISS)

marklyn

New to the Upgrade Advantage bid question and tried searching for questions below but didn't find clear answers so I will ask.  Please don't beat me if I missed a search term and the answer was obvious to you. 🙂

We received the invite to bid for a Haven room 2 days ago (roughly 80 days out from our cruise now). We are currently in a mid-ship mini suite (deck 10) room now but we went ahead and bid on a Haven Balcony (H9) suite and Haven Courtyard (H5) suite. The Haven Balcony bid was the one we wanted most if we wanted to do this so we bid at the very beginning of the fair range, the Courtyard we bid in the poor range.

I have no expectations that we will get either but I'm curious about something.  Has anyone figured out if bids for the Haven or higher suites are accepted/declined earlier in the process?  The logic being that our mid ship mini suite will then be available and affordable for last minute cruise shoppers. Or is there no real logic or pattern to when a bid is accepted?

If your bid is rejected, do you get a chance to bid again?  (I did see that you can change/withdraw your bid until it's accepted)

We understand that there is now a Butler and Concierge in the gratuities mix that isn't in our current mini suite stateroom, but, will the gratuities increase for the regular room steward (over the pre-paid gratuities we've already paid that included the room steward)?

Last question.  We *really* can't imagine using the Concierge very much (if at all)... if we really don't use that service or very very little, what would be a good suggestion for an appropriate tip amount?

Thanks in advance for answers to any/all of these questions.

6 hours ago, marklyn said:

New to the Upgrade Advantage bid question and tried searching for questions below but didn't find clear answers so I will ask.  Please don't beat me if I missed a search term and the answer was obvious to you. 🙂

We received the invite to bid for a Haven room 2 days ago (roughly 80 days out from our cruise now). We are currently in a mid-ship mini suite (deck 10) room now but we went ahead and bid on a Haven Balcony (H9) suite and Haven Courtyard (H5) suite. The Haven Balcony bid was the one we wanted most if we wanted to do this so we bid at the very beginning of the fair range, the Courtyard we bid in the poor range.

I have no expectations that we will get either but I'm curious about something.  Has anyone figured out if bids for the Haven or higher suites are accepted/declined earlier in the process?  The logic being that our mid ship mini suite will then be available and affordable for last minute cruise shoppers. Or is there no real logic or pattern to when a bid is accepted?

If your bid is rejected, do you get a chance to bid again?  (I did see that you can change/withdraw your bid until it's accepted)

We understand that there is now a Butler and Concierge in the gratuities mix that isn't in our current mini suite stateroom, but, will the gratuities increase for the regular room steward (over the pre-paid gratuities we've already paid that included the room steward)?

Last question.  We *really* can't imagine using the Concierge very much (if at all)... if we really don't use that service or very very little, what would be a good suggestion for an appropriate tip amount?

Thanks in advance for answers to any/all of these questions.

1st question, normally havens are not assigned upgraded, until 5 days give or take prior to sailing, it’s in the cruise lines best interst financially and it’s ver doubtful that all balconies sell out, the norm is they are one of the last to sell out, only time I have seen a early upgraded it’s usually someone didn’t do their homework and bid more than the going rate for haven, again this is the norm, each sailing is different.

question 2, no you can’t rebid again because you don’t get your rejection notice until 48 hours or less prior to sailing

question 3, if you have prepaid gratuities at balcony rate no you don’t have to pay the extra difference 

question 4, suggest looking at some of the various tipping threads for price suggestions

It depends on how the ship is booking.

How many haven cabins are available in the categories you are bidding in. 

How many variables they have built into that sailings bidding system as to what kind of bids they take at 60 days/45 days/30 days/ 3-5 days before sailing.

No, you don't get a second chance when you get the email stating your bids are rejected. 

It's too much guess work for others to figure out for you.  Bid what you are comfortable spending and keep checking prices.  If the cabin you want comes within a certain percentage of what you are willing to pay, just call and pay for it.  Otherwise,  Good luck I hope you win your bid.

As to the concierge, you should tip because they are there for you to use.  You should also be prepared to tip haven bartenders, servers, hostess in the restaurant and the concierge assistant.  You need to tip your butler and you should up the tip to the cabin steward.