LIVE from the Dawn Princess, Jan 29th 2006

TorontoTL

Toronto...thanks so much for taking the time to write your very informative revies of the Dawn...we will be sailing in 8 days and after all your positive comments I cannot wait..

One question...how early can you board? and what time did you get off the ship when you returned...we have flights out of Oakland.

Arlene

Hey thanks Bennie and Brian...

Bennie, you did a great job keeping everyone in the loop as you made your way on the Dawn. I really enjoyed it myself. It was very informative and just made me feel like I was right there with ya' buddy...Oh what memories. No matter how many cruises and vacations I take, the cruise I took on the Dawn will be in my mind forever...I fell in love with her.

Now, on to the future. Here's my plans...I very much want to go to the Carribean and am thinking seriously of doing the cruise on a larger ship just so I can say I have "Been there..., Done that". Crowds don't really bother me too much and I think it would be kind of neat to see so many people on one ship.

I do think that I will take Brian's advice and do a 10 day cruise. After the trip on the Dawn, it would be hard to do a 7 day cruise. I would like to go to Alaska this summer and if I do, I would really like to go back on the Dawn for that. I'll have to see what happens there.

Any how, thanks for all the great posts. Great job my friend...

Brian.

We boarded just after 12 noon but others had already boarded. We did the self debarkation and were off the ship before 8 AM easily.

Brian (TiggerB) if you're thinking of doing more than a 7 day then I don't know of any Caribbean cruises of that length on a Grand class ship except the new Crown that does 9 days out of New York city. You might want to do a 10 or 14 day cruise on either of the Sun or Sea Princess (sister ships to the Dawn) that depart from Fort Lauderdale and go to the Southern Caribbean. The other option which I'd love to do is back to back 7 day Southern cruises leaving from San Juan on the Crown next winter, or back to back eastern/western on the Caribbean Princess leaving from Fort Lauderdale. Lots of good options for you to choose from.

Archived