Tips and S&S Deposits

CharismaticWoman

I am a little confused and just need a quick factual answer. :)

My husband and I are going on a 5 day Carnival Cruise. Should I expect there to be a $100 charge on my S&S account for pre-paid tips? I'm fine with that, but I'm trying to plan some sort of budget here.

Also, how much is the deposit to open a S&S account for a 5 day cruise? When my mom and I went on a cruise, we had separate credit cards attached to our separate S&S accounts. It looks like now that I'm married, Carnival only sent 1 form for 1 credit card to be assigned to both of our S&S accounts. Does anyone know how much of a hold we should expect to initially start off with?

Thanks in advance! :o

I am a little confused and just need a quick factual answer. :)

My husband and I are going on a 5 day Carnival Cruise. Should I expect there to be a $100 charge on my S&S account for pre-paid tips? I'm fine with that, but I'm trying to plan some sort of budget here.

Also, how much is the deposit to open a S&S account for a 5 day cruise? When my mom and I went on a cruise, we had separate credit cards attached to our separate S&S accounts. It looks like now that I'm married, Carnival only sent 1 form for 1 credit card to be assigned to both of our S&S accounts. Does anyone know how much of a hold we should expect to initially start off with?

Thanks in advance! :o

If you have not prepaid your tips, yes, there will be a charge of $50pp on your account, generally the first day.

If you are paying cash for your S&S, I believe you would put down $200pp on your account... anything left over will be refunded by check. If you are using a credit card, you just fill out the S&S form... if you and your husband are going to be using 2 different credit cards, just make a copy of the form. Otherwise, you can put both of you on one credit card, and just use one form. The hold on a credit card varies, but probably around a $200 hold for a 5 day cruise.

...My husband and I are going on a 5 day Carnival Cruise. Should I expect there to be a $100 charge on my S&S account for pre-paid tips?

Yes...It will be $10 per person per day and it should be one of the first charges posted.

Oops...Posted the same time as GC!

Archived