Anyone swapped rooms BEFORE boarding?

kman99

Obviously, I know if it comes down to it I'll need to contact Carnival directly, but wondering if anyone has first-hand experience with a situation like this:

We have multiple rooms booked on a cruise next month, including three connecting aft balconies.  The couple in the middle may need to cancel.  It would be ideal if we could swap rooms so that remaining two would be connected still.  

Any insights?  Are we out of luck, or is there some magic booking dust we can sprinkle on this situation?

I have switched people around on line with no issues.   Just went to edit and changed the name.   Originally we had my husband/son in a room and my daughter/me in another.   My daughter got married so I changed my name to her new husbands, my sons name to mine and my lucky son gets a single.   This was all done before final payment, not sure if it’s as easy after. 

What a timely question.  Once onboard will guest services switch our rooms if requested?

I booked 3 cabins for 5 people through my TA back in June.  Two of the cabins have 1) My sister & her son (my nephew) in 1 cabin, and 2) me in a cabin by myself.  Now my nephews father is joining us and we want to put him in the cabin with his son and move my sister into my cabin.  TA was told by Carnival they couldn't do it due to the special rate we booked under.  So my nephews father is assigned to my cabin.  TA said Carnival rep told her to have us switch room keys but I don't think that will work due to our onboard accounts being assigned to our folio number on our card.  

Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

58 minutes ago, bkr50 said:

What a timely question.  Once onboard will guest services switch our rooms if requested?

I booked 3 cabins for 5 people through my TA back in June.  Two of the cabins have 1) My sister & her son (my nephew) in 1 cabin, and 2) me in a cabin by myself.  Now my nephews father is joining us and we want to put him in the cabin with his son and move my sister into my cabin.  TA was told by Carnival they couldn't do it due to the special rate we booked under.  So my nephews father is assigned to my cabin.  TA said Carnival rep told her to have us switch room keys but I don't think that will work due to our onboard accounts being assigned to our folio number on our card.  

Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

This I HAVE done! 😄 We actually got key copies from guest services for access to each cabin, and then used our own original S&S cards for charging purposes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lovingretirement said:

We did this just before a cruise when the couple in the middle had to cancel.  We contacted our PVP on Carnival and she made the swap for us without a problem.

Thanks so much, this is what I was hoping to hear! Better yet, hopefully they won't have to cancel at all!