Asking for early disembarkation

Leejnd4

I've done a search on the forum, and I found some info but not exactly what I was looking for.

We're on the Aug. 20 Rhapsody out of Galveston. We just learned that there is to be a family event on Aug. 27 (day of disembarkation) in Houston that begins at 11 am.

We're not flying home until the next day, so I assume we'll be among the last to be allowed to disembark. Can we request early disembarkation, and if so, how does one go about that? And what are our chances of success?

Thanks!

LeeAnne

Good Luck with that! I don't think they are going to rearrange procedure because of a family event.

Not asking them to rearrange any procedures. They already assign disembarkation times based on need, but as I understand it, the "need" is typically based on flight times. I'm just asking if they ever consider other types of needs.

Sounds from others as if they do.

Thanks for the info. I don't know if we'll be able to carry our own luggage -- we'll have our two teenagers with us, so I'll have to see if that's possible. If so, we'll try to do that. If not, I'll be sure to go to the Purser's desk and ask for early tags.

Again, thanks for the help! :)

LeeAnne

We were on the Caribbean Princess this past September and we took our own luggage off the ship and just left with the group that was getting off the ship when we got down to the are where they were leaving. With 3,500 people to get off the ship, no one looks at the tags...we didn't even have tags on our luggage at that point since we were taking it off with us. On Carnival they made an announcement calling passengers who were taking their own luggage off the ship. If you have somewhere to be when you dock, I doubt RCCL is going to give you a hard time getting off the ship earlier. If you are uncomfortable chancing it, go to the Purser's desk and explain your situation, hopefully they will accomodate you.

Sounds like carrying our luggage is going to be the best bet. I'll try to make sure we don't overpack! That's a good philosophy anyway, one I unfortunately usually ignore -- but maybe this will inspire me to be "good". ;)

LeeAnne

I've done a search on the forum, and I found some info but not exactly what I was looking for.

We're on the Aug. 20 Rhapsody out of Galveston. We just learned that there is to be a family event on Aug. 27 (day of disembarkation) in Houston that begins at 11 am.

We're not flying home until the next day, so I assume we'll be among the last to be allowed to disembark. Can we request early disembarkation, and if so, how does one go about that? And what are our chances of success?

Thanks!

LeeAnne

I just got off the rhaposdy last sunday. They have an early depart. To qualify you have to carry ALL you luggage off the ship and not be taking any of the RCI transfers. You also have the first 1/2 hour to leave which is normally 7-7:30am. We did this and it worked great. You do have to sign up in advance for it, you will get a form in your stateroom about midweek to signup. If you do this you will make it!

Archived