Oceania Transatlantic Opinions?

Joe&Barry

Joe & Barry-

Stan and I sailed Insignia, last April, Barcelona to Istanbul, and loved it!

That being said, in order to get the full value out of an Oceania cruise, you need to be the type of person who can concieve that a perfectly served meal is, in itself, a wonderful way to spend an evening.

If you're the type who has to be out of the dining room in 45 minutes, because you simply MUST see the lecture on Nolan Millers Dynasty Collection, you will not enjoy yourself.

Even on our, very port intensive itinerary, the Insignia was an oasis of gracious good living.

The ambience is elegant, the pace unhurried, the service wonderful.

Hope this helped-

Enjoy your cruise

My partner and I returned in late November from a 10-night transatlantic from Lisbon to Miami. It was absolutely amazing, and we both agreed it was the best cruise we had ever been on.

Oceania's ships are beautiful, the service is excellent, food is far above industry average, and having many days at sea really provides the opportunity to completely wind down from work and forget about the real world. We never came back from a vacation so relaxed.

We also found there to be a large number of other gay couples onboard, which was nice. On a cruise with only 300 passengers, there were around 30-40 other gay passengers we saw all over the place. The line even held the first "official" FOD party in its history. We had about 30 people show up....that's TEN PERCENT of the entire passenger list! LOL

Here are some photos I took onboard Regatta:

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=103012

Enjoy :-)

Keep in mind that Oceania's ships do not handle high seas very well. Our experience in the Med. this past November is that winds and waves make it very difficult to walk around. And if you have any motion sickness, you will not be able to leave your cabin.

Archived