Chops and Portofinos is the only way!!

We were on the Serenade the week of Jan. 21st. The first couple nights at the main dining room we had this waiter from Turkey(don't know his name) who was not friendly or attentive at all. He would just tell us the specials and stare off into space. So we decided to try Chops and Portofinos. We never went back to the main dining room. The food there was average at best. Then came Chops and Portofinos. First class service and amazing food. Presentation amazing!!! Not stuffy either. We met up with 3 other couples and switched off between the 2 restaurants. It is worth the $20 to go everynight!!! You all gotta try the Carpaccio app and chilled tomato soup with scallops and avacado at Portofino's. I am a Fine Dining waiter here in Denver and the Service at Chops was the best we have had. Please you all have to try these places.

Exactly what I'm planning on doing. I've had great service in the dining room, but our Portofino experiences on the Explorer this past October were just notches above in every way...and yes, the carpaccio was one of our faves. How about those deserts...they were a real work of art! I can't wait to try Chops as well. We're figuring on 2 nights at each restaurant at a minimum.

Have to tell you I've been following your threads pre-cruise and lived vicariously through your excitement. So do tell...how great was it??? I hope you both had a great cruise.

Kathy

Archived