Massdam - Tender in ISP

AlanF65

I am looking at a 14 day on Massdam  in May 2020 and ISP is listed as a tender port. Ship is in port from 7:00 am until 12:30. I want to do Glacier Wind which their site will let me book but I am trying to understand the timing of getting off the ship, tender to ?? and then to the port where Glacier wind departs from. Has anyone tendered recently in ISP? When I was there in May we used the new dock and just walked off.

image.png.795c72ba4bfd93413a0d95239e09113e.png

image.png.5afc1c1003bd3aec8cbc74f0f60fda93.png

I will be calling Glacier Wind later today

Thanks

Alan

Edited by AlanF65

Hi Alan,

We are also on your cruise and have Glacier Winds booked for a whale watch. I also was concerned about the tender and I contacted Glacier Winds and the response I got was that "they were 99.9% sure that the Maasdam will be using a dock there and not tendering". Our tour is scheduled for 8am with Casey. I don't know if they have multiple boats or not but the one we booked, I believe, will hold six. There are four of us in our party. We had the option of booking online in full or calling them (907-978-9651) and paying a $50.00/pp deposit (which is what we did) with the balance due in March. I spoke with Teresa McConnell.

Hopefully, this is all correct.

Sandy

3 minutes ago, zeen978 said:

Our tour is scheduled for 8am with Casey. I don't know if they have multiple boats or not but the one we booked, I believe, will hold six.

They have two boats, each currently for six passengers. They are having one built to replace Casey's that will accommodate 12 passengers, but it's not expected earlier than July.

8 minutes ago, zeen978 said:

"they were 99.9% sure that the Maasdam will be using a dock there and not tendering"

Here is a link to the port schedule for Icy Strait Point in May 2020. On May 23, the Celebrity Solstice is also there, but not at the same time as the Maasdam.

1 hour ago, zeen978 said:

Hi Alan,

We are also on your cruise and have Glacier Winds booked for a whale watch. I also was concerned about the tender and I contacted Glacier Winds and the response I got was that "they were 99.9% sure that the Maasdam will be using a dock there and not tendering". Our tour is scheduled for 8am with Casey. I don't know if they have multiple boats or not but the one we booked, I believe, will hold six. There are four of us in our party. We had the option of booking online in full or calling them (907-978-9651) and paying a $50.00/pp deposit (which is what we did) with the balance due in March. I spoke with Teresa McConnell.

Hopefully, this is all correct.

Sandy

Sandy,

I am booked at the same time, she is going to reach out to you. She said if we can all get to the excursion area early we will leave when we get there so more time on the water.

Thanks

Alan

Edited by AlanF65

13 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Sandy,

I am booked at the same time, she is going to reach out to you. She said if we can all get to the excursion area early we will leave when we get there so more time on the water.

Thanks

Alan

Sounds good!  We'll be all set and ready to go.