Please verify this information

kalishea

First time cruiser here.. leaving Sunday with DH on 7 night Vision of the Seas Mexican Riviera. I had a few questions and MIGHT have the answer. Please verify if I am on the right track:

1. We have an earlier flight going home and it is possible to requested early disembarktion at the pursers desk? (or somewhere else) This is no guarantee though?

2. 12 packs of soda and water bottles are allowed to be brought on board? In carry on or checked?

3. We can bring our on bottle/box of wine? and pay a corkage fee?

4. Decorate door with something so your room is easy to find?

5. Bring something (like a lanyard or bracelet) to carry card with your at all times?

6. Ship does not change time for each port?

7. Alcohol can be purchased at the port, and checked until the end of the cruise?

This is all for now. I will probably think of more later!

Thanks!

Already thought of a couple more:

1. We can have special gifts delivered when we arrive on the ship, we can get this through another company besides RCCL, what company is that?

2. Get tender tickets at 9:00 am at piano? Where is the piano?

Any other suggestions or advice along these lines would be helpful too.

Kalishea

1. You can ask for an early departure, I think the earliest is around 7:30 Am

2. I'm guessing you can, but I dont know.

3.Dont know about this one either

4.You seriously won't need to decorate your door, you'll be abl to find it easily.

5. I don't use a lanyard, but it is useful.

6. The ship's time always stays the same.

7. Alcohol can be purchased at port.

1. We can have special gifts delivered when we arrive on the ship, we can get this through another company besides RCCL, what company is that?

Kalishea

OK, I know you can get special gifts, but I dont know what you mean by it.

As for tender tickets... I'm not familliar with this ship.

We can have special gifts delivered when we arrive on the ship, we can get this through another company besides RCCL, what company is that?

I did a search for you and found this old thread on the Carnival forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=42850&highlight=gifts+delivered

Kat

If you ask the cruise line the official answer to bringing alcohol on board it will be "no". However, I have known people to do this and nothing was said, have also known people to have it confiscated when going through security. Just depends on who is doing the checking. I think soda and water are okay but have never done it so am not sure.

Tender tickets: just read the ships paper the night before (the one on your bed) and it will tell you where to get your tender tickets--if you haven't previously heard an announcement.

Bon voyage gifts: I know you can order on-line (or by phone) from the specific cruise line and they will have the gifts in your cabin. I'm not sure about the procedure if you order from an outside source (I did have to order a wheelchair once from an outside company -- I broke my foot -- and it was in my cabin when I boarded--not the same thing though, huh?!)

Have a great trip!

we did this cruise on celeberty last yr. by pop and water before you get on, no problem taking it aboard. we even loaded up on liquor at a drug store in san diego, very cheap. people were bring coolers on board. if you buy any liquor you probably can get it on. we did a few times but who knows. the time changes all the time. you will get a card the you need to ckeck in and out with must have this and a photo id.

First time cruiser here.. leaving Sunday with DH on 7 night Vision of the Seas Mexican Riviera. I had a few questions and MIGHT have the answer. Please verify if I am on the right track:

1. We have an earlier flight going home and it is possible to requested early disembarktion at the pursers desk? (or somewhere else) This is no guarantee though?

You can get early departure from the Purser...just ask!

2. 12 packs of soda and water bottles are allowed to be brought on board? In carry on or checked?

You can carry on provisions at your embarkation port - will probably have to check these items at the ports. One exception...you might be able to sneak some items through in your carry on's at port stops.

3. We can bring our on bottle/box of wine? and pay a corkage fee?

Yes

4. Decorate door with something so your room is easy to find?

Not necessary. Think of a big hotel w/ all of the doors numbered.

5. Bring something (like a lanyard or bracelet) to carry card with your at all times?

Some like them...some don't. I just carry my card in my pocket or beach bag.

6. Ship does not change time for each port?

It can. We did the Mex Riviera on Princess in Nov. Started w/ LA time, changed 1 hour forward the first night. Kept that time until the last night of the cruise despite our first 2 ports being Puerto Vallarta and Matz which are both 2 hours forward. Just listen to your announcements and read the Cruise Compass (daily newsletter).

7. Alcohol can be purchased at the port, and checked until the end of the cruise?

Yes, you can also purchase booze on board and check until the end of the cruise. Alternatively, you can buy liquor on board from room service or in the sundries store and pay an extra fee for the privledge of bringing it to your cabin. Prices are a bit better than stateside.

This is all for now. I will probably think of more later!

Thanks!

Hope this helps...

You can have gifts delivered through a number of services. www.cruisegiftsonline.com

www.giftsahoyinc.com

are a couple that come to mind.

Not sure about the piano...you can usually get tickets from the shore excursion desk or some ships will bring them to your cabin.

Kalishea

have a great time

Archived