Have you slept on your balcony?

redheadx3

But the one and only time we had a balcony - it was certainly used...if you know what I mean ;)

We had a very happy couple next to us on our summer cruise. After about 4 nights I told them we could not take but about three more nights of their giggling and conversation...

Cannot wait for our trip with the balcony in a month... hope giggling comes from our balcony this time

You bettcha!

2 years ago we had a JS aft and my son (14) asked the room attendent for a cot and he slept out there ever night. The room attendent made up his bed out their daily including his mint. It is totally covered in the event of rain. Why not?

He loved it!~ At first I wasn't crazy about the idea but he convinced me that if he got up and fell over he would just fall on to the balcony below as they are tapered. He claimed it might hurt but he'd live!

No problems - he slept like a baby! Cot was comfy.

What a great idea my son loved the sound of this but wanted to know how tall was your son at the time? My DS 15 is 6'4" and I'm wondering if he will fit? We are in a MS on VOS?

The cot was like a twin bed. I was surprised at it's size. DS was probally 5'7" at that time. We all took turns laying on it and even tried to beg to sleep there but no avail. It was his bed and we weren't hoarding in. We were on the 10th deck so other ships could not possibly look in. Our ship was the biggest. This an only work with an aft cabin with the size of the bed. The aft balaconiesare so much bigger. The bed wasn't even in our way.

I have never seen a mosquito in 12 cruises. I live in Northern WIsconsin - I know what they are all about.

Good luck!

We usually sleep with our door open at night and fall asleep listening to the ocean hit the side of the ship. It sounds like waves rolling in on the beach. We considered putting our matress off the bed and on the balcony a couple of times, but it just seemed like too much trouble so we settled for having the balcony door open. Try it! Puts us to sleep every time!

Yeah, we had four people sharing a Jr Suite on the Explorer and on the last night, one of the guys in the group dragged the roll away bed out to the balcony and slept there all night. He was still completely asleep when we rolled into Miami and began the process of disembarking...must have been pretty peaceful out there!

Archived