What to do for my husband's birthday while on cruise...

lisabees

My husband, four kids and I will be boarding VOS next week (I can't believe how excited I am)!

Valentine's Day and my husband's birthday will fall the same week. Any ideas on what to do? I don't need to spend lots of money (actually we will be)! I just didn't know if there were surprises that might be nice...

Lisa

You really have to ask?? Give him what any man wants for his birthday... :eek:

So your answer is;

Hire a baby sitter for the 4 kids for the evening in another cabin?:confused:

Seriously, I would order the birthday cake for dinner. You could have the kids decorate the cabin, and the cabin door, while you are out of it. How about everyone going to the nicer restaurants on board? If the kids are not 13 or older to eat there, they could go to Adventure Ocean while just the two of you go.

Hi. My husbands birthday is on the 10th of Feb. we will be on VOS next week too. I ordered the decoration package for the room and the travel agent put in a reguest for a peice of cake with a candle be brought to our table on the 12th(Free too) durning dinner. He (as far as I know) has no idea we are going on this cruise...it has been so hard keeping it a surprise. He works for the port authority of NY&NJ, so on the 1oth his co workers are going to get him to Newark airport on a pretense of a radio problem and there we will be with luggage and birthday signs. I just pray there is no snow that morning and he stays home. This will be his 60th birthday and we have never been on a cruise. We have a balcony on deck 7 aft. Trying to pack and keep everything hidden. Do you know if anything special is planned on board for valentines day? I did buy a card to pack....I imagine that they will most likely have cards on board but in case not, I have my own. See you soon Elaine

Elaine, I think I recognize you from the Meet and Mingle Boards. Although I've never posted there.

I was wondering the same thing about Valentine's Day. I also bought cards for everyone. I usually give my kids a card (saying all the things I love about them) and then make a "red" meal. I am sure RC will do something. But how do we find out? Maybe I'll do a search on these boards...

How wonderful that you're surprising your husband! There's a lot of preparation, I'm finding out - I don't know how you're hiding it all! Good luck with everything! What an incredible thing you're doing.

See you next week!

Lisa

I second that--wow, what a wonderful gift. I don't know how you are managing to keep it all hidden either. We are surprising my son for his 18th birthday but at least he thinks we're going to FL to visit the grandparents so he won't wonder at all the packing. He'll get the surprise the morning we drive to the port and get on the ship. You must be very organized--and very sneaky. I hope all the logisitics come together smoothly. Have a wonderful time.

Hi, Elaine,

I love your whole plan for your husband's birthday surprise! Wow! I got chills reading about it. He's going to flip!!! And the Voyager will be WONDERFUL. I've been on the Navigator twice (very similiar, both Voyager class RCCL ships) and can't rave enough.

My husband's 59th birthday is June 29th, and we're going on the Freedom of the Seas for that week. He knows about the cruise. We live in South Florida and have been flipping out over it since we were on the Navigator last year. Sooooo it's NOT a surprise, but I, too, am trying to think of surprises for my husband on the ship. I really have to give this some thought and will be watching this board along with you. I want to do something extra special.

Right now I'm considering some kind of spa treatment ... maybe even the couples one <g>. At least it's a possibility.

If you think of anything, please post it here and I'll do the same.

Thanks,

Lynn

My husband, four kids and I will be boarding VOS next week (I can't believe how excited I am)!

Valentine's Day and my husband's birthday will fall the same week. Any ideas on what to do? I don't need to spend lots of money (actually we will be)! I just didn't know if there were surprises that might be nice...

Lisa

I can think of several things....... :D

Aubie

Hi. My husbands birthday is on the 10th of Feb. we will be on VOS next week too. I ordered the decoration package for the room and the travel agent put in a reguest for a peice of cake with a candle be brought to our table on the 12th(Free too) durning dinner. He (as far as I know) has no idea we are going on this cruise...it has been so hard keeping it a surprise. He works for the port authority of NY&NJ, so on the 1oth his co workers are going to get him to Newark airport on a pretense of a radio problem and there we will be with luggage and birthday signs. I just pray there is no snow that morning and he stays home. This will be his 60th birthday and we have never been on a cruise. We have a balcony on deck 7 aft. Trying to pack and keep everything hidden. Do you know if anything special is planned on board for valentines day? I did buy a card to pack....I imagine that they will most likely have cards on board but in case not, I have my own. See you soon Elaine

Wow, what a tense situation, LOL. Never mind you trying to keep it a secret, how the heck did the kids not let the cat out of the bag? LOL.....anyway, here's hoping it all goes the way you planned it!

Enjoy your cruise!!:)

I did a suprise Anniversary trip for DH on a cruise almost 2 years ago and did not tell him and our best friends that we cruised every year, were booked on the same cruise as a surprise. I told him the night before we were leaving to get packed for a warm weather getaway, I had to tell him since his parents coming in town to take care of the 3 children. And once we got to the airport, our friends were there and said you ready to cruise buddy...he flipped was so excited. He said the only thing he would have liked done differently was to know a little more ahead of time, bec/he said part of the fun of a cruise is planning and having something to look forward to.

Well he turns 40 in May and I booked us on Explorer for his 4oth...but this time he knows, so he could be excited. So I am going to use the Birthday package RCI offers. I think you should go to alternate dining one night as well, which is what we are doing for his b-day. Have a great cruise next week!

WOW!

What a great birthday surprise! I am going to let my husband know about this--and pray he gets the hint!

What a fabulous idea--God bless you and your husband!! He's going to be some dazed cruiser!!:D

Yes, I am getting jittery...lol... Kids have been real good at keeping this a secret. Last night Pete(husband) said maybe he will take Friday off of work since it is his birthday....I neared died. I guess I will have to call his work and tell them if he calls in that they will have to tell him there is something important that he has to be there. See everyone soon. Elaine

Archived