OK to post website name?

habby

OK, I posted on the "Help Board" at 10:00 with this question and haven't gotten an answer. So eight hours later............

If I'm answering a question such as the name of the rental car place we used on an island, am I allowed to post the name of the website that someone can go to?

I'm afraid there's a rule somewhere that says NO!!!

Is http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#4 in the Cruise Critic Guidelines regarding advertising. What you are talking about doesn't seem, to me at least, to be an advertising that would be against the rules. You are responding to a question asked by another member, and aren't promoting another travel agency or cruise board. But, it comes from how you read it. I don't post here real often, and am not necessarily up on some of the allowed/not allowed stuff. But, your question reminded me of when I re-acquainted myself with the guidelines the other day.

FurryCruiser

Thanks for the input. I was just really amazed that after eight hours on the "need help?" board, I didn't get an answer, and there had been views of the thread! So I actually snuck the question into a conversation on another thread and was told that as long as I wasn't trying to promote my personal business it should be OK. I guess that's where the advertising part comes in.

There's so much we can all learn from each other, I'm glad we're able to give some specific recommendations.

LTDB, I know what you mean about rules. It's confusing to say the least. Well, as long as I don't use any vulgar language I guess I'll be OK.:D

That's just it. I never go there, so I couldn't help anyone.

I knew I should have posted here first. I guess I was thinking that some superior being reads those threads in order to help us "relative newbies" out. Oh well, life goes on.

Archived