Looking for opinions on two snorkel excursions

Mikiejag

A group (7) some not snorkelers at all and some experienced.  Coming into Costa Maya on the Breakaway and trying to decide between two different excursions.

Catamaran Cruise & Snorkel.

Beach Snorkel Adventure at Beach Escape Beach Club.

The beach snorkel is $79, the catamaran is $89, for anyone that has taken these are there any extras?  

Or any specific pluses or minuses?

The description doesn't say anything about food and snacks, however, I have found sometimes it is available just not listed in the description.

I would opt for the Catamaran.  Most likely it will take you beyond the breakwater to at least a portion of the barrier reef.  So better snorkeling.

Beach snorkel is off the malecon.  I think the Beach Escape Beach Club is between Blue Kay and Tequila Beach, where Senor Frogs used to be but could be wrong.  Snorkeling might be okay to see fish, especially if your guide heads you north toward the lighthouse. But the coast line is sandy shore and there's a presence of sea grass.  While the excursions mentions open bar, there's no mention of food.  I would assume you are on your own for that on either excursion.