How much money to bring?

cuccumella

When we did our Med cruise 10 years ago we spent 3 days pre cruise in Rome.  The pickup from the airport, the 3 private day tours and the drive to the port were all paid by cash the day of.  Spain also.  They were very expensive and I was paying for 3 people.  I brought around 7,000 EU cash.  Each port the money was divided into envelopes and kept in a safe when not needed for that day.  Spending money was minimal but we did have to pay for our meals each day as well as entrance fees and additional private guides to the Vatican and Pompeii.  Is this normal for me?  No.  Usually every tour is paid for in advance by credit card.  In this case though - we carried a heck of a lot of money.  I am not one to want to spend my day looking for or using a foreign ATM.  I don't use them at home either.

LOL - it has been a while since I've been on CC and had forgotten about CB.

1 hour ago, notentirelynormal said:

The old fashion way.  I go to the bank every month or so and take some out.  With on line banking for bills and credit cards for purchases I almost never use cash so it lasts a really long time.

Thanks. We do almost the same but do drive-thru ATM and also have a debit card from USAA that rebates ATM fees so we can get $$$ pretty much anywhere. We rarely go into a bank.