Question about FlightEase

calteacher

Currently have reservations on Flight Ease for flights in August.  Just went to try to change the reservation and was informed that this would result in a cancellation of earlier flight and would incur cancellation charges.  I'm confused.  I thought we could change flights without penalty until payment was due.  Have there been changes in how this works?

6 minutes ago, calteacher said:

Currently have reservations on Flight Ease for flights in August.  Just went to try to change the reservation and was informed that this would result in a cancellation of earlier flight and would incur cancellation charges.  I'm confused.  I thought we could change flights without penalty until payment was due.  Have there been changes in how this works?

I just repriced my March/April flights with FlightEase and got the same message.  I believe it is a standard script and applies only when there is an actual charge.  If you booked Flexible tickets there is no cancellation charge before the final payment.  I clicked through the message on mine and all was normal; I was not charged anything extra for cancelling the original flights and rebooking the lower fare.  Hopefully you got a good drop!  Mine only dropped about $20pp but I figured money is money.

Thanks.  I will give it a try.  My fare only dropped $5, but we were able to fly into an airport nearer our home rather than into a very large airport, rent a car, drive through rush hour traffic, and then a couple more hours to our home.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We are familiar with Princess' EZ-Fare but have not sailed on HAL for many years. Is HAL's FlightEase about the same thing?

Thanks,

Doug

Yes, Doug they are.  I have read on the boards that Princess is sometimes cheaper than HAL's flights.  When I have used HAL for flights I have been very pleased with the prices offered

30 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Yes, Doug they are.  I have read on the boards that Princess is sometimes cheaper than HAL's flights.  When I have used HAL for flights I have been very pleased with the prices offered

Thank you Mary.

Doug