Voyager of the Seas cancelled Tokyo repositioning trip due to redeployment!

So I received the following last night.  Fortunately I didn’t get airfare yet but RC must have not sold enough or had a better place for VOTS to be.  

At least they gave us some decent options. I just wonder if I could press for more since I don’t have to get air fare reimbursed?  

Here’s the email:  The following itinerary change in regards to your Voyager of the Seas sailing on August 2, 2020.

Unfortunately, due to a change in their itinerary planning, Royal Caribbean has had to cancel this sailing.

Royal Caribbean has put together a few alternative options as compensation for you to choose from.

Please be aware that Royal Caribbean has specified offers based on the suite category in which you are booked.

Option 1: Re-book one of the below select sailings:

Golden Suite Guests (VP/GS/GT/OS/RS):

Spectrum of the Seas:

?8-night Sailing departing from Shanghai (Baoshan), China on Aug 2nd, 2020 sailing to Osaka, Japan | Kobe, Japan (overnight) | Tokyo, Japan (overnight)

?8-night Sailings departing from Hong Kong, China on Nov 27th, 2020 or Jan 2nd, 2021 sailing to Fukuoka, Japan | Kagoshima, Japan | Nagasaki, Japan

Quantum of the Seas:

?7-night Sailing departing from Beijing (Tianjin), China on Aug 2nd, 2020 sailing to Kyoto (Maizuru), Japan | Sakaiminato, Japan | Fukuoka, Japan

Silver Suite, Balcony, & Interior stateroom Guests:

Voyager of the Seas:

?9-night Sailing departing from Hong Kong, China on Jul 3rd, 2020 sailing to Hiroshima, Japan | Kobe, Japan (overnight)| Osaka, Japan | Kochi, Japan

Quantum of the Seas:

?7-night Sailing departing from Beijing (Tianjin), China on Aug 2nd, 2020 sailing to Kyoto (Maizuru), Japan | Sakaiminato, Japan | Fukuoka, Japan

Spectrum of the Seas:

?8-night Sailing departing from Shanghai (Baoshan), China on Aug 2nd, 2020 sailing to Osaka, Japan | Kobe, Japan (overnight) | Tokyo, Japan (overnight)

?8-night Sailings departing from Hong Kong, China on Nov 27th, 2020 or Jan 2nd, 2021 sailing to Fukuoka, Japan | Kagoshima, Japan | Nagasaki, Japan

What you will receive:

?Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.

?You will receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

o$100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, Balcony staterooms and Junior Suites, or $200 USD for Grand Suites and above.

oPlus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest to spend onboard.

?You will also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts.

oPlease email your airline receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 2: If you can?t find an itinerary that works for you, re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing and receive the following credits to spend onboard per stateroom:

?$100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, Balcony staterooms and Junior Suites, or $200 USD for Grand Suites and above.

oPlus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest to spend onboard.

?You will be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts.

oPlease email your airline receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 3: If you choose to cancel:

?Royal Caribbean will process full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.

?Any pre-paid amenities will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days from the day you call to confirm this option.

?Due to limited alternate suite options, Golden and Silver Suite guests will receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to rebook at a later time should you choose to cancel.

oThe amount will be based on your cruise fare, per person, non-inclusive of taxes and fees. Golden Suite guests qualify for a 30% FCC and Silver Suite guests qualify for a 15% FCC.

Decisions regarding these re-accommodation offers need to be made and submitted by January 13th, 2020. These re-accommodation offers are available through this date. If you do not contact us by this date, Royal Caribbean will cancel your reservation.

Just now, Sail n Snow said:

...  I just wonder if I could press for more since I don’t have to get air fare reimbursed? ...

I doubt that would be successful.  Never worked for us.

43 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

This is about getting reimbursed for costs and not about making some extra money...

I agree but there is an inconvenience as well. I did get lucky with the hotel I booked in Tokyo. Since it’s the olympics most were non refundable. I was able to get one with hotel  points and get those back.  

Also it’s fortunate tickets to Olympic events are extremely hard to get or that would have been another sunk cost although probably easy to resell.  I’m sure this will inconvenience others more then me.  At the same time this shows trip insurance can be worthwhile.