Redoubt Bay vs. Denali for bear sighting

gdible

I really wanted to see bears in "action" in Alaska on my July trip....eating salmon...something other than just a glimpse.

I was encouraged to book a day tour to Redoubt Bay to ensure I see bears because I heard the sightings in Denali can be limited. Or, if seen in Denali, it's usually just a quick glimpse.

Budget Queen was so nice to give me some advice on this subject...he indicated he always sees bears in Denali. So, I'm thinking I should cancel Redoubt Bay.

Before I change my itinerary around and eliminate Redoubt Bay, does anyone else have any feedback on this subject?

Thanks.

Denali Park grizzlys are also half the size of the coastal bears, which makes a difference. A while ago there was a very good comparism of fly in bear viewing locations, perhaps written by bearbait??? Also consider Pack Creek fly ins out of Juneau. Alaska Fly N Fish is a permit holder. http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=viewing.main

Archived