Charter to Ushuaia from Buenos Aries

bsugar

We are on the cruise from Ushuaia to Easter Island on the Explorer leaving 3/4/2020.  Just received the information that the Charter leaves Buenos Aries at 6:40AM!   Has anyone else experienced this early a flight?  If so, what time did you have to be at the airport?

43 minutes ago, bsugar said:

We are on the cruise from Ushuaia to Easter Island on the Explorer leaving 3/4/2020.  Just received the information that the Charter leaves Buenos Aries at 6:40AM!   Has anyone else experienced this early a flight?  If so, what time did you have to be at the airport?

Yes we have. When you get the ss hotel they will give you your boarding pass and tell you what time to be in the lobby. Ours was 4am. 

2 hours ago, FauxNom said:

I'm guessing some of us might be grumpy when they are driving us around Ushuaia on a bus because we are there too early to board!

They will drive you out to a restaurant so they can control the buses one by one, to board the ship in a controlled fashion, later in the afternoon.

You can catch up on missed sleep when your crossing the calm Drake passage. 

Edited by carefreecruise
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bsugar said:

We get on the ship and go north to Valparaiso....we are not going to Antarctica.  We are cruising the Chilean fiords.  And some of us are continuing on to Easter island.

Chilean Fiords are very similar to the inside passage north of Vancouver  to Juneau. It is mesmerizing seeing the glaciers and many little water falls. Have fun... 

22 hours ago, carefreecruise said:

They will drive you out to a restaurant so they can control the buses one by one, to board the ship in a controlled fashion, later in the afternoon.

Oh, I know there's a reason--I was just being flip, having read so many comments from people who would have preferred to either explore the town or get on the ship :) 

It does feel strange going to Ushuaia and not going to Antarctica. But I do think it will be a great trip!