Port Canaveral Parking Garage.....

1corona4u

I know that PC has parking, but what I would like to know, is if anyone has ever had any issues with their car, while parked in the parking garage there.

I am considering an alternate way to get there, because I am very picky about my car, getting door dings, damage, and whatnot. Their site says it's secured also....so not sure what that means exactly? Is there a guard there, or is it gates to the garage?

Should I find another way, or will it be fine? :confused:

I have sailed from PC many times and always left my car there. It is guarded and the port, if memory serves me correctly, is gated and closed after a certain time at night. There is covered, garage parking on several levels. I usually try to get there early so that I can park on the first level in an end space. I feel that is the safest for dings etc. I have a brand new car and usually park way off in left field when going shopping etc. to avoid having any one next to me,..so I understand. I think you will be fine and it certaintly much easier to come off the ship and have your car waiting for you. Enjoy your cruise!

Just a side note to parking at Port Canaveral. We just got back from the 4-day Sovereign cruise and the daily rate for parking in the garage was $12 instead of the $10 indicated in our cruise docs and on the Port Canaveral website. No problems whatsoever with the garage. This is the second time we have used it and found it fairly convenient. Upon disembarking, we even had a porter that offered to take our luggage all the way to the garage level 3 in a downpour. Of course we tipped very well!

I parked in the parking last year. I had no problem. The only people that have access to the garage are those who are going on the cruises. Before you enter the area you must show documents to someone at the gate. I know people who go down the day before and leave their cars at the hotels that they spent the night at. There is no cost for the parking at the hotel. They then take a shuttle provided by the hotel to the port. It is done on all the time from what I understand.

I have sailed from PC many times and always left my car there. It is guarded and the port, if memory serves me correctly, is gated and closed after a certain time at night. There is covered, garage parking on several levels. I usually try to get there early so that I can park on the first level in an end space. I feel that is the safest for dings etc. I have a brand new car and usually park way off in left field when going shopping etc. to avoid having any one next to me,..so I understand. I think you will be fine and it certaintly much easier to come off the ship and have your car waiting for you. Enjoy your cruise!

Well, that's good to know...I thought I was the only one that felt that way, LOL....Florida seems to be particularly hard on cars, as no one seems to park between the lines...;) Last July, I traded in a 2 yr. old Grand Cherokee, that looked like it was 10 years old, because of all the dings, and whatnot, so with this car, I am being very proactive, and only have one ding in it, which was from a bug.:rolleyes:

I think I will just get there early,(but not so early that people haven't debarked yet...) and find an end space. I'm really not so much concerned with a break-in, as I am the damage aspect of it.

Thanks all for the replies so far.:)

Archived