Cruise Excursions Time Frame

Vacaylover1240

So we've been on cruises recently but never on a ship excursion. Since we have a lot of onboard credit we booked 2 Celebrity Edge excursions.  When it says time is 1 to 5 p.m. for the excursion, what exactly does that mean. I'm wondering how far before 1 p.m. we have to meet somewhere to join the group we're traveling with. Looking to get massages earlier that day and would like to know how much time we have in the morning to do that. 

It would depend on the port and excursion and where check in would be... but generally meeting about 15, 30 max, minutes early is a good window. If it's a tender port and the excursion meets off the ship, you'll want to give yourself more of a buffer just in case.

I don't think it's a tender port. We're traveling to Tortola on the Edge and the excursion is a beach afternoon on Jost Van Dyke so we take a boat from the cruise port to Jost Van Dyke. I just wasn't sure how far before our 1 p.m. departure that we have to actually meet up with the group we're traveling with and was hoping it wouldn't be more than 1/2 hr. before.