Parking @ Hampton Inn hallandale beach/aventura?

jb008

Anyone have feedback on safety parking at Hampton Inn - Hallandale/Aventura?  I'm trying to find a hotel that I can stay a night pre-cruise and then leave a car for the duration of the cruise.  I spoke with the desk and they said they offer parking but don't accept any liability for the vehicle (seems pretty standard) and I wanted to get a 2nd opinion on how safe the area is.

Thanks in advance!

If you cruising out of the Port Of Miami the best place to leave your vehicle is at the port itself. Parking is only twenty two dollars a day in the secure parking garages directly across from the terminals. If your leaving from Port Everglades the parking at the Port is even cheaper. There are at least two off site parking locations right outside of Port Everglades that only charge around ten dollars a day. The Hampton Inn In Aventura is right on the Miami Dade/ Broward County border on Federal Highway in Aventura. I can see the building from the roof of my condo in Hallandale Beach. The area is relatively safe and very close to the Aventura Medical Hospital. I’m relatively sure that if you park at any hotel or motel and your vehicle is broken into or damaged in any way the hotel will not be responsible for any loss to you. 

@Corby114 thanks for the input!

Hate to spend $22/day on parking, if a $25 cab ride is enough to find decent parking further away from the port. I need a pre-cruise hotel anyway and they offered that we could park there for a great price. I know the standard disclaimer about no liability for hotel parking... but wasn't sure what the general feel of the neighborhood is where the hotel's located. Sounds like it's not a super sketchy area then (obviously caveat emptor though). 

29 minutes ago, jb008 said:

@BlueHerons

Thanks for the input!  I'll scout it out then to see what it looks like in person when I get there for the hotel stay, but plan to park at the port then unless it is a secured lot.

Keep in mind an uber or cab is probably going to be $25-$40 each way so add that into your calculations.

Also, traffic in Aventura is horrific.

28 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

Keep in mind an uber or cab is probably going to be $25-$40 each way so add that into your calculations.

Also, traffic in Aventura is horrific.

Good to know!  We're flying into FLL late evening, but hotels are $50 cheaper to do Aventura vs. the comparable FLL hotels, and it minimizes distances.  Our taxi to port will be Saturday AM, and we'll probably go earlier in the day so hopefully dodge at least some of the traffic.  I priced it out on the uber estimator and both rides priced at ~$22/each for FLL-Hotel & Hotel-PoM.   Flight home is from MIA (booked into FLL, out of MIA; saved ~$150 on the flights while adding about $25 in ground transport costs)

We're meeting a 2nd party that's driving, so we were considering trying to add on a sleep&park combo but they weren't too worried if they ended up parking at PoM.

Edited by jb008