Wonderful visit to Progresso - January 2020

mothermary

We visited Progresso in January sailing on the Dream.  I wasn't sure what to expect as it's been 5 years since we had been there and most people are just so negative about the port telling people to stay on the ship.

Well we had a wonderful time. 

In the area the port bus dropped us off, we found a massage storefront.  Got our $15 massage in air conditioning.  Then walked to the beach shopping along the way.  Once at the beach we stopped and let our grandchild play in the water and sand.  Then we walked down the beach and found a place to eat lunch.  We ate at Flamingo's.  Food was wonderful.  Most people eating there were Canadians who stay in the area for the winter.While eating we had 2 vendors approach trying to sell stuff.  They were not pushy at all. 

What a great relaxing day at the beach.

We weill be in Progresso for the first time in a few weeks. Our tour says they are allowed on the pier to come through the store snd they will be there. How far is the store on the pier. I dont think i can walk 5 miles on the pier

Not far at all walking thru the stores.  You will get off the ship and walk towards the shopping center.  It's not very far. Once at the shopping center you go thru one store and then you are outside again walking towards where the buses pick you up for transport to the city of Progresso. 

• 4 weeks later...

My parents are headed to Progresso soon and I am trying to find out if the double decker bus is still running. Did you happen to see it or could you give me any tips on where to catch it? It's been about 5 years since I have been there but my Dad would love to do it! All I remember is it was a few bucks and picked up near where the cruise ship dropped us off. Any help would be appreciated!