WHITE STAR luggage storage New York

Bedruthen

For those of you who may be contemplating a round trip with a stopover in USA, the White Star luggage storage service in New York has been discontinued. I have spoken to CUNARD, who advise that the only option now is to check with the purser once onboard and see if there is any availability to arrange storage at the port, but this is not guaranteed. The cost, if available,  is $195 per bag for up to 30 days and $30 per bag for each additional 39 days. 

I find this arrangement to be too vague. We are going to be travelling around USA for 30+ days and have no desire to lug a large suitcase full of evening clothes around with us. Not only that, but I doubt the hire care has sufficient space. I have spoken to a company called LuggageForward which was mentioned on here as working with CUNARD, but they know nothing about luggage storage. If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to share, otherwise we shall be that  scruffy couple onboard who only wear one  outfit for 7 days .....

I have no personal experience with any of them, but I know there are several luggage storage services in NYC. (The NY Times did a story on them about a year ago). Try Googling Luggage Storage Brooklyn and you'll get several suggestions. Free Your Arms, for example, will meet you at arrival to pick up your bag(s) and also deliver them upon departure.. Now I'm wondering how we can use them to facilitate our December departure on the QM2.

Haven't read this since it was first published, but here's the Times story on luggage storage:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/02/travel/getaway-luggage-storage.html?nytmobile=0&referer=

Edited by frankp01
Added Times URL